Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halibrand Roadster

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by baggedchevyss, Aug 16, 2009.

1. A few years ago I picked up this Halibrand center section, spool and side plates, later bout the axles tubes and frankland drums and a second spool from a man on ebay. the side covers have a secondary ring in them that apears to be the same bolt pattern as a banjo. I am looking for any info i can get on the thing or specs or what parts i can get to fix it from someone like winters. A phone call to Halibrands tech dept turned into a " we never made that rear end send it in for use to authenticate". If better photos are needed ask away. thanks in advance.

Chris

<center>
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    [​IMG]<br /><br />
    </center>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  2. The center is for 12 bolt sideplates and the adapters for the tubes are 11. Look for an 11 bolt center, Frankland and winters made those as well as Halibrand---Halibrands are harder to find but the others are not.

You can redrill the adapter sideplates to fit the 12 bolt center--but you'll wish you hadn't.

SPEEDWAY ENGINEERING ---CALL THOSE GUYS.

3. Thanks for the info Brian, i will give speedway engineering a call tomorrow, i need to order a sway bar from them anyways