Register now to get rid of these ads!

halibrand quick change question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gary terhaar, Oct 14, 2007.

1. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

I got a real early magnesium 201 qc in my car and im starting to get a serious vibration that i havent had before.It comes in at 60 and goes away at 85. The rear was originally a closed rear and i installed a hot rod works open conversion kit.The yoke is loose on the splines and wobbles quite a bit.This is where i suspect the vibration is comming from. I really think i would remember if it was this loose when i built the rear. it mooves about 1/8 using the pin as a piviot point,i am about to take it apart to see if the transfer shaft or the yoke went away.Has anyone run into a situation like this with a open convertion of any kind and what was the remedy.Any info is greatly appriciated.

2. 392_hemi

392_hemi

Did it happen all of a sudden or get worse over time? My guess is you have issues with the driveshaft angles and the result is from wear over time. The HRW yokes are pretty snug to start with.

3. HotRodWorks

HotRodWorks
    Alliance Vendor

Was the kit you got from us a complete qc open drive kit that included a lower shaft, seal plate and yoke? Or was it our banjo kit that was put on the torque tube style lower shaft?

Many of the torque tube style lower shafts that we've seen are not in real good shape. The splines on the lower shaft are probably worn too much.

Call us during work hours and we'll see what we can do to help. 208-463-1068

4. gary terhaar

gary terhaar
    from oakdale ny

Yes it did get worse over time,hot rod works thanks for the reply, I will contact you on monday. thanks again..............gary

Register now to get rid of these ads!