Register now to get rid of these ads!

Halibrand Knock-Off Wheel Question?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payne, Jun 13, 2009.

1. I have a question about drilling another bolt pattern for the the pin drives on a set of Halibrand Knock-Offs?

I own a pair of 15x6 Halibrand kidney bean knock-off's like this one pictured below with a 4 3/4 bolt pattern for the pin drives drilled in the backside of the wheel, and I was wondering if I could drill a second 5 1/2 bolt pattern in the wheels with out any problems?

Reason being is I have a set of rare brakes which have a 5 1/2 bolt pattern and I would like run those brakes with my Halibrand wheels on my car, and I don't know if doing so would cause any problems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated?

<CENTER>[​IMG]</CENTER>

2. No help here. But I wish I had your problem.

3. JohnEvans

JohnEvans
    from Phoenix AZ

Are you trying to keep the knock offs? Do you have the pin drive adapter/hub? How is the wheel going to be attached if you re-drill ? Lug nuts or ??? As far as drilling if there is enough material where the holes need to be I would not think it a problem.

4. Yes I would like to keep them knock-offs if possible. I plan on attaching the wheels using pin drive knock-off adapters and left & right threaded knock-off spinners.

As far as having the pin drive adapters, I'll have to machine new ones because I haven't been able to find an orginal set. Also talked with the company who makes the knock-off adapters for the So-Cal Speed Shop wheels, which look similar, and they will not work with my wheels.