Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Halfass Kustoms Fire

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by panhead_pete, May 6, 2023.

1. panhead_pete

panhead_pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Brent has had a fire in main shed, its gone...

My heart goes out to him as he is always positive in his videos and some of his builds I have really liked including the 3W he was currently building. Whilst not all HAMB friendly its definetly one of my favourite channels so gutted for him.

2. skooch

skooch

Also my favorite channel, that’s rough hate to see it.

3. That sucks, he's a good dude

4. Los_Control

Los_Control
    from TX

I just watched it earlier today when it came out .... just not sure what words would make them feel better.

I think it will be interesting watching Brent start from the bottom ... will be good video content.

chryslerfan55 likes this.

5. GordonC

GordonC
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to see that.

6. One of my favorites as well. Fires are devastating. I lost a house 45 years ago. Still sucks.
    Hang in there , Brent, we will be here.

Ben

7. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I also feel bad for him, but he's a smart and industrious guy. He'll get through this in fine shape.

8. INXS

INXS

Just watching it now. So devastating.

9. desotot

desotot

Every hot rodders nightmare.

Gasser 57 and Jalopy Joker like this.
  10. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I watched the video today. Sad deal in many ways. I was following his latest build and enjoying how it was progressing. I hope the burned out hulk is savable.

11. I hope they can figure out how it started and he lets us know, may save someone else from this.

rattlecanrods likes this.
  12. jim snow

jim snow

Total bummer. It looks like there’s not much to salvage. Really sad.Snowman ☃️

13. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sad deal for sure, and I pray I never have to deal with the aftermath of a fire in the shop. Heartbreaking.

I can't assume that the electrical situation in the burned shop was the same as in the "new" shop, but if they were then I'd suspect something electrical. In the "new" shop, when he flipped the switch on the air compressor the lights went out, but no breaker tripped. Lights came back on as soon as he flipped the compressor switch off. That's a telltale sign of some serious electrical shortcomings.

14. hemihotrod66

hemihotrod66

It is sad to see this kinda thing....Fire really destroys stuff....Hard to use anything that might be left....What is really bad is there is always things that can't be replaced...A lifetime of things gone in the blink of an eye....Such a heart breaking thing to go thru,,,, just glad there wasn't any injury's and his home wasn't destroyed to....

15. He ended up with my old Monarch a few years ago. Man has wicked skills. Good to hear a rebuild is in order.

16. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

That really SUCKS.
    Brent has a surprisingly good attitute.
    Best wishes Brent and Co.

VR&C.

17. Couldn't watch it all, hurts my soul for him.

57 Fargo likes this.
  18. mohr hp

mohr hp
    from Georgia

Yep, this one is a heartbreaker for sure. So let's try to learn from his pain; I've discussed this before, as I'm looking forward to moving after retirement in a few years and am thinking about my next shop. I see value in not having all your eggs in one basket, i.e several smaller buildings separated by distance, vs 1 huge shop. Also, I wonder how effective sprinklers are in shop fires, statistically.

Slow down likes this.
  19. Budget36

Budget36

Is he insured to cover the loss? Heck, if no shop no income for a bit. I’d be up to add to a go fund me account if need be.

20. 05snopro440

05snopro440

There is a go fund me. I don't know about the rules of posting one here, but it's easy to find with a Google search.

Budget36 likes this.
  21. 05snopro440

05snopro440

There's such a variety of ignition sources and combustibles for shop/garage fires that the effectiveness of the sprinkler would depend on what the source is. Commercial systems have a separate water supply, pumps, etc., with the intention of preserving the structure and keeping the fire from spreading. Residential systems are generally a lot less complex and are usually intended to allow the occupants additional time to notice the fire and get to safety. The systems do inherently stop some fires, but that's not the main intent of them.

Here's some interesting reading on the topic.
    https://blog.qrfs.com/400-residential-fire-sprinkler-protection-codes-garages-other-exceptions/

mohr hp likes this.
  22. From being a fireman FOREVER, I will say that id rather have sprinklers than not. Pretty good way to keep a fire "in check" until a truck can get there. Also, if you have a big setup, big shop, lots of cars and tools, call your local fire department and invite them out to do a pre plan on your site. Doesn't cost anything, and it gives a heads up to the department on what they would be dealing with in the worst case scenario. Also good training for young fireman.

23. oh no, i love his videos i can't believe i didnt see this. that's so terrible

24. i wish i was closer, if i was id come out and rewire his shed for free!

firstinsteele likes this.
  25. SS327

SS327

My biggest fear and nightmare. I feel bad for the guy. Never saw his videos but it looked like he had some neat stuff. I hope he builds back better! Sprinklers are a great way to slow a fire down!

The_Cat_Of_Ages and Budget36 like this.