Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hagerty insurance question.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hillbilly4008, May 10, 2012.

1. pitman

pitman

Er...ahhh, I went the other way, and did save some real $$$.
    The services offered are not identical, but I was tired of paying 50 cents/mile.
    Now we're better at ~20 per mile.

And for the wiseacres, the last rod had 110K miles from built to sold in 18 years.

2. I use American Collectors Ins. recommended by USAA and has done a great job for me and real reasonably. Sounds like somebody at Hagerty's had a bout with PMS!

3. Downtime

Downtime

it all depends on your local agent. In real life i work for an insurance agency doing nothing insurance related (IT).

My Buick is insured through Hagerty, and it was a painless process. I have unlimited miles, 10k coverage, and they know it has a modified engine and is lowered. I just had to send some pics in and sign the std paperwork.

4. 59elcaminodave

59elcaminodave
    from Md.-De.

have had hagerty for years,last yr I decided to double coverage on my best car hagerty told me I would need an appraisal..some friends had been talking about the cheaper cost of grundy so I shopped them too, they would do a little cheaper w/o appraisal so I reported that to hagerty who pretty much matched the grundy price w/ no appraisal..I kept the towing $50 which includes a newsletter & membership..so all 4 cars are still w/ hagerty..I had a buddy in the buss that was my agent but he sold his agency & I am now w/them but the agents are just brokers I think..

I was watching My Classic Car the other day w/ Dennis Guage he was doing his regular sit down w/ Grundy..he was talking about them now covering all vehicles family cars,bikes etc etc with agreed value coverage..which may be the restructuring someone above was talking about..Grundy was pushing the convience only 1 ins. bill for all your vehicles