Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Had To Have Another Five Window After All.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ct1932ford, Nov 19, 2020.

1. ct1932ford and loudbang like this.
  2. loudbang likes this.
  3. Getting ready to change the master cylinder in the coupe. I am going with an early Ford master. Taking the GM one out since it has some sticking issues anyway. Made a new mount utilizing the existing holes. Had Ted plasma a piece of 1/4" plate for me to work with!:cool: Glad we live close to one another.:rolleyes: IMG_7959.JPG IMG_7958.JPG IMG_7960.JPG IMG_7961.JPG IMG_7969.JPG IMG_7968.JPG

4. GCDC

GCDC

nice design on the mount

ct1932ford likes this.
  5. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]

I just noticed what is missing, something that gives the car its unique look, cowl lights. Less is more pleasing. Bob

Last edited: May 30, 2021
  6. Master cylinder made a big difference. Brakes are what they are , but now have lots of pedal. Most likely will change out brakes anyway.
    I am on the West coast right now so nothing getting done but sitting by the pool and drinking :rolleyes:
    I also am changing the front shocks when I get home. The new ones I used were for a 63- 85 Vette rear and they are the stiffest shocks I have ever seen! So bad I could feel the difference in the steering when moving car around:eek: yes that bad. Be back in CT. Next week, enjoying our granddaughter’s right now:).
    My house sitter says it is wicked hot. Not so in Nor-Cal.:cool:

j3harleys, loudbang and swifty like this.
  7. I know it has been awhile. Summer and all that stuff! I decided to order all new Bendix Brakes for the coupe. Krylon helped me get the right stuff. Thanks Gary.
    I am going to do the brake lines over as well, since I hate the way the previous owner did the job. I won't do this untill after the season.
    Right know I have the generator being converted to an alternator by E.J. Whitney. I realized my issue with the coupe running and breaking down when under load was the generator not putting out enough. This became obvious on my ride up to Rumblers show a few weeks back. So just using the Roadster for now.:cool:
    Picture from Rumblers. IMG_8216 (2).JPG

8. slug

slug

Very nice.

ct1932ford and loudbang like this.
  9. swifty

swifty

Hey Mark, you qualify for 3W Larrys "Black on Black on Black" thread now so you better post a pic on there.
    Re @The37Kid post about the cowl lights this car may have been a Standard model, not the Deluxe. Have a look under the dash to see if the holes have been filled.

loudbang likes this.
  10. It is a standard. Here is a before photo! Original 32 001 (3).jpg

11. Joe Troilo

Joe Troilo

According to Ford all 32 5 window coupes were standard models from the factory. The cowl light brackets were welded to the inner cowl panel but no holes were drilled. The headlights had the additional peanut bulb used as a parking light. CT's car is a fine example of the standard model.

Stogy, loudbang, swifty and 1 other person like this.
  12. swifty

swifty

That's a ripper photo Mark, did you get that when you bought the coupe the first time? I notice it's running a tire cover, didn't think they were fitted until 35 or 36. Look at those big 18" wires LOL

loudbang likes this.
  13. Yes, it came with the car!

loudbang likes this.
  14. tjm73

tjm73

Sweet car. Sits real nice. I might never have seen this thread if you hadn't posted pics from the Rodtoberfest 2023 show you took it to.

If you'll indulge me...my general summary is '35 wires, 550-16's, 750-16's, about a 3" net drop in the back. I missed, or maybe you didn't say, the net drop in the front. I'd guesstimate roughly 4" in the front?

Man it just looks like the right amount of drop for driving it a lot comfortably instead of power parking.

Well done

Stogy likes this.