Register now to get rid of these ads!

Had a visitor in the shop today Dad came close to getting bit

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by outlawsteel, Sep 6, 2012.

1. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Me and My dad was in the shop finishing up mommas o/t impala and had to run to the parts store to get some stuff. We was gone for maybe 15 mins. My dad unlocked the door and walked in and set thestuff on my desk. I walked in right behind him and flipped the lights back on and looked down and said STOP STOP COPPERHEAD. There was a 3 1/2 foot copperhead halfway under my desk about two foot from dads feet. So we went grabbed our snake stick and spent next 15 mins catching us a copperhead. Just glad it happened when we cam back in shop and not when we was laying under the car about 10 foot from where we caught him lol.

Attached Files:

2. Fun stuff. Last year I killed 10 Mohave greens in/around the house/shop. Glad we moved.

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

pfffft My Granny killed Copperheads with a garden hoe all day long...quit yer cryin. lol
    Glad your pops didn't get bit.

4. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Oh we didnt kill it we put in a cage to show my daughter. I love snakes, Im gonna let him go in the morning.

5. Gigantor

Gigantor

I may bitch about the cold and snow here in Maine, but damn I'm glad I don't have to worry about that shit. Yeeowza. Glad no one was bitten.

6. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

You should tan those skins, they would make a fine pair of boots.

7. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Good for you. I cant stand ignorant peoole that kill anything they dont understand. However I dont allow anything to endanger my family either.

8. christopher 78

christopher 78

Not good . I'm glad i have not had one slide in the shop !!

9. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

I was workin on my O/T truck and found a 4 ft ball python curled up in the engine bay. I live in ohio and ask me were a ball python came from? So I kept him as a pet and named him "Chance".

10. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Yea it is a beautiful snake would make a great pair of boots or belt but I cant bring myself to do it. Just gonna take him in the woods and let him loose.

11. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

I love snakes but I dont want one in the shop where I am laying lol.

12. bustingear

bustingear

That reminds me of when I stopped at a body shop to ask directions and found a Doberman that the owners did not want to call off. Pissed me off as I am an exec with my company and not a low life. I should have taken legal action. mF,s

13. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

That was a close one :eek: ! Glad the old man didn't get blasted .
    I like the idea of showing your daughter . Teach the young ones good stuff . No need to kill it . Now if it bit pop ... then all bets are OFF , lol !!

14. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

Glad you let it go. Seen pygmy rattlesnakes here hunting, no copperheads. Not that i want to get bit...

15. tjet

tjet
    1. Early Hemi Tech

Have you seen the current musclecar mag?
    They found a real Yenko Nova, but it came with a big black snake under the hood.

It was in a truck trailer for 40 years. Talk about a barn find

16. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Whoa!

The only thing I ever found in my garage was a possum. Bitter cold winter day, I was pulling some things away from the wall, looking for something. "Hisssssss!!!" Never heard a possum hiss before!...they usually seem so docile. "Fine, buddy...you can stay."

17. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I can handle a Doberman, even a mad one, but that snake would do me in. I'd be screaming and jumping around and beating it with anything I could get my hands on like a sissy little girl.

Good thing for it you found it in your garage. Gene

18. I used to raise snakes, so I dont kill if I dont have to. If I find a rattler in the desert, I walk away. Mohave greens in/near the shop/house? Their tail becomes a keychain. They bite you and you get to wish it was a copperhead that bit you. :cool:

19. squirrel

squirrel

I understand rattlesnakes. They don't live long after I find them in the yard. The other snakes, I leave alone.

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I used to stop by a hot rod shop in Kent Wa that was run by an o'l gal who was a bit different to say the least and she had a big python who was usually laying in the middle of the floor in the office/showroom. Dad about loaded his britches when he followed me in the door once. She never had prowler or break in problems in the shop though.

A copperhead guard snake might be better than a pit bull in keeping the low lifes away from your shop premises.

21. RatPin

RatPin

Makes me glad I only get deer and bobcats around my shop.

22. 39 Ford

39 Ford

I do not consider myself ignorant but when I come asross a poisonious snake it dies, I will not leave it so it can hurt someone else like a child for instance.

23. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Copperhead gaurd snake lol I like that one. When I was a teenager we had some snakes and a caimen(spelling). We used to joke around that we was gonna put a leash on him and tie him up by the shop as our gaurd alligator.

24. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

I live in the country man. With copperheads and rattlesnakes all around on the 10 acres of woods. I teach my daughter the same thing my father taught me about snakes. I dont go out looking to get bit Im just not gonna kill something because it is doing what it does.

25. Copperhead got my wife on the foot a year ago this week. It took 6 months for it to heal, and there's still a quarter-sized indentation on her foot.

I think snakes are cool, but the poisonous ones die on my property. I take the others into the state forrest a few miles from my house and release them.

Keeping a dog in the yard has helped with the snakes since then.

I suppose that keeping a shop dog or cat would probably cut down on the snakes as well.

26. I find rattlesnakes with my work all the time in the oilfields, general concensus...... they are a safety concern and hazardous to everyone. They don't survive long.

27. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

In the land of snakes, alligators, sharks, and black widows you have to be careful. Dont demonize the animal. Not that i'll lose any sleep if you kill one.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2012
  28. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

Im not saying anybody is dumb or ignorant for killing snakes to each there own. Im just saying if it didnt bite me or my family wasnt in danger. Im not gonna kill it for being a snake. Ill just catch it and take it out in the woods and let it go. I taught my daughter to know what to do around snakes just like my father taught me.

29. outlawsteel

outlawsteel

But with all that being said it still wasnt something you exspect to find when you walk iin your shop lol. had a goos laugh when it was all over.