Register now to get rid of these ads!

had a fun surprise visit from norm grabowski

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by glassguy, Aug 4, 2006.

1. glassguy

glassguy

thought ide share a few pics with you guys. yesterday mornin my friend chuck vranus calls, and says hes gonna stop by the shop for a visit with a friend from outta town. i said sure stop by well get lunch. so he shows up and who but fellow polok norm gets out with him. so we hung out for a while then went to champions pub for a few beers and steak tips. it was a really fun day. and best of all chuck picked up the tab !! thanks chuck for lunch and good time, and norm for being such a hot shit, and bustin the waitresses balls haha:D

Attached Files:

2. bigjoe1015

bigjoe1015
    BANNED

Too cool! You're a lucky guy to have met the Grand Poobah of Polocks!

(i can call him that, cuz I'm one too!)

3. Skirv

Skirv

Cool story. I briefly met him once at the Turkey Rod Run in Daytona a few years ago. I bought this from him in the process:

[​IMG]

4. Here's a Norm story for ya. A few years back we were attending a show in Little Rock, Norm was there doin his thing. One of my buddys had never met him, so we (5 of us) go over to see him. We hung out off and on throughout the day and when the show began to wind down we decided we'd invite Norm to the pub across the street to grab a bite and a few drinks. He had this guy talking with him at his booth, when we invited him to go he says "yeah, me and Bob here will come over there and join ya". We went and got a table right by the door, a few minutes later Norm and Bob pull up right at the door in the kookie 2. We had a hella time tellin jokes, messin with the waitresses, and just enjoyin life. Norm gets up to go to the bathroom, so I asked Bob "Bob, how long you and Norm known each other?" He says "man, I just met him. I was just lookin at his posters and stuff when you guys came over and invited him over here. My name's not even Bob it's James!" Man it was a crazy evening! Norm is the poster child for cool.

5. Damm, he gets around!! He was in England last weekend at the NSRA Supernats!!

6. hiboyroadsterboy

hiboyroadsterboy
    from Mass

You lucky bastard,must of been great.I wish chuck would have told me he was here in mass.

7. old beet

old beet

Me and K-MEMBER were sittin in the bar at Plesinton(sp) and Norm rides up on a push scooter, wearin a viking hat and red hitop tennis shoes, says "give these guys a drink, I'll have anything with an umbrella in it"....He was with Mel Blank Jr. Nicest guys you could ever meet...........OLDBEET

8. Muttley

Muttley

HAHAHAHA......great story, reminds me of a High School teacher that called me Bill all year long even though my name is Mike. He said I just looked like a Bill. :confused: :rolleyes: :D

9. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

I met Norm at the Super Nats in the UK last week, what a character.He said he wanted some proper English fish & chips so we took him out to a local chippy on Saturday evening.If I,ve done this right there should be some pics of the cars parked up outside the chippy and one of my daughter & Norm, I think he wanted to take her home.

Attached Files:

10. Who's that shady looking character in the cowboy hat behind Norm & your daughter.... :rolleyes::D

11. glassguy

glassguy

hey guys. you wont believe it. larry watson just left my shop!!! haha just kiddin.. but norm does rock. any more stories?

12. junkyardgenius

junkyardgenius
    from Kernow

The shady looking geezer is none other than Lord Purple of Binfield himself ,aka Keith Harman hot rod journalist, check out his book "Great American Hotrods"which includes some pictures by Chuck Vranas.:eek:

13. Carguy365-24-7

Carguy365-24-7

I met Norm at Back to the 50's in '97. We had a nice conversation and then I asked him where his tub was....He says ,It's right behind your truck..... My face turned red , but I'll never forget that day!!! Met Bill Hines in '96 but thats another story.........

14. Yep saw him there

15. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I talked to Norm on the phone after the HAMB Skull auction, and he was really cool. I hope to meet him in person one day.

Doc.

16. I met Norm at the Pleasanton Goodguys show last year. I had just bought a poster of 2 guys eating at a drive in while seated in their car. Later on I came upon Norm's table and his big truck in the Pary till you puke photo and he had the same poster there, different colors, as the Time magazine cover shot. I showed him the one I just bought and he told me the story of the photo and signed em both for me.

James:cool:

17. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

norm will be over in that area for a few more days. he is staying with chuck till monday i think.

be sure and say thanks for the hamb skull auction!

18. The fucker I,m coming to Vegas,CHHR and La La Land with in exactly 8 weeks from now.

Yeah, baby.

19. CHOPSHOP

CHOPSHOP
    from Malden,MA

I am jealous. :cool:

20. Spike!

Spike!

Met Norm at Macungie two years ago. Great guy. For a dollar he would let you see his "Monster garage" scar. It was money well spent.

Spike

21. Crap! I wish I had stopped by!

22. You lucky bastard. I met him a few years ago in Devils Lake ND. I know one thing.....he does like his beer! :)

23. Hemi-roid

Hemi-roid
    from Cary, IL

I visited Norm at his home a couple of weeks ago. He is a great guy, and a lot of fun to hang out with. I got a photo with him next to the Henway. Photos just don't do it justice. It is a life sized work of art! :D

Attached Files:

24. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Dave, you lucky bastid, and what a guy that Chuck is for setting it up!:cool:

You've probably heard this all of your life, but you and Norm look way too much alike (sorry Norm), hmmm? ever consider a paternity test? just think, maybe you were left on a doorstep, on Norms last trip through Peagrody?

Attached Files:

25. Jimv

Jimv

Keith, i was thinkin the same thing!!! Norm has a better head of hair though.
    JimV

26. glassguy

glassguy

your just jealos coz he didnt wanna see you!! he said you used to pick on him when he was a little kid.

27. butch27

butch27

If you've seen Norm around girls you'll know what I mean when I named him"Norm Grab-ass-ski" at Colmbus.

28. I live about 2 hours from Norm's house. When I ordered my skull from him several years ago, he invited me to come on by his house to do the deal. His living room is just filled with memorabilia....posters, pedal cars, a blow-up of the LIFE cover...pretty cool. His workshop is in the basement, where the Henway is...couldn't believe it was sitting right there! :) Super cool guy!! Then he took me over to his buddy's house where his tub was at the time and showed me this HUGE rocking horse he made for his friend. What a work of art! The guy just oozes talent for this stuff....and just plain oozes cool! ;)

29. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Now why are you lashing out at me like that bud, I was just trying to help you out as usual! I was just thinking that maybe you weren't concieved on that circus tour like you've thought.

30. glassguy

glassguy

heres 2 more pics i finally got out of the camera.. norm , and chuck get cozy in my the office. ill try to get a few more from today. visited with them at richie willets shop in malden this am. cruised over with my buddy al, he took his killer 35 ford coupe ill put a pic of that too

Attached Files: