Register now to get rid of these ads!

HA/GR & C/GD - Is Anyone Running Them Anymore???

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by Calkins, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Before I build one, I wanted to get a head count. I would be going to Vintage Torque Fest (show), Back To The '50's (show), Meltdown Drags, Fallout Drags, and HAMB Drags. Hopefully more, "near" Iowa. I have wants to build the dragster, but probably more of a budget to build a rail.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  2. bobw

bobw

There was two of us at the meltdown this year. Neither of us are HAMB legal. There was also a couple ex-HAMB dragsters sporting V8 engines.

I think only one SDRA (Tulsa) car was at the HAMB drags.

There's pockets of HAMB-like dragsters in SO. Cal, the Pacific Northwest, Australia, Tulsa area, one in Florida, one in Wisconsin and one in Minnesota.

That's all I know of.

It appears there isn't a movement to build these cars. But I can say my experience is it was fun and relatively inexpensive to build. Now that I have my car and my procedure pretty well under control I can run the car with no help and have a great time doing it.

3. Cheapstreet duster

Cheapstreet duster
    from georgia

pictures of these cars would be helpful.....id love to see what these classes look like

4. The HA/GR (Hokey Ass Gas Rail) is an "official" HAMB class. The rules can be found here;

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/ha-gr-rules.299965/

The C/GD (Cool Gas Dragster) is an unofficial HAMB class that was originally created/thought up for the Eagle Field. The rules can be found in the first post of the thread here;

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/eagle-field-a-gas-dragster-class-build.430809/