Register now to get rid of these ads!

HA/GR Action from Willowbank Raceway by Nigel OBFB Racing

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by Black Knight Racing, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Black Knight Racing

Black Knight Racing
    from Sydney Oz

:DNigel wrote this about our weekend at the Nationals this year for the hambstergarage.com thought i would share with everyone and to make sure you guyys go there and register and be apart of our ha/gr action over here in Oz;).......where havin a blast :p

The 2010 Nostalgia Drags was shaping up to an awesome 2 day event. According to the organisers the entry numbers were up and on top of that they had organised a "State of Origin" match race series between the Queensland and New South Wales Wild Bunch teams. Not to be out done, the HA/GR guys decided this might be a good thing for them to try with 3 cars from each state.

The Danglemaier boys really outdid themselves with a huge act of generosity by towing up Jeremy's car so he could race.Jeremy was stuck at work until late Friday night , so he flew up , raced his car then flew home Sunday night for work Monday morning.
    We arrived at the track Friday afternoon to find the Boy's from Sydney well set up in a real neat spot so we set up right by them and Ted was just over from us.
    Saturday seemed to get off to a slow start with some of the big cars laying 'OIL DOWNS' like there was no tommorrow. We were supposed to get our first prctice run in around 11.00am but it was 1.00pm before we finally lined up.
    The first shake down run for everyone went off without a hitch which gave us all a good idea what times to dial in. The next practice run wasn't until 4.30pm. After this we put our car away for the night and headed for Ipswich and a cosy bed for the night , while the rest of the guys stayed out at the track and kept an eye on our gear for us.

Sunday morning dawn bright and warm , just the right stuff for a great day skidding.
    Our first run of competition for the day was not one I would like to talk too much about , but when you leave a cherry behind you know it's not good , not only that but when I buttoned off over the line there was this awfull clatter from the Flattie that did not sound good . We quickly pulled the intake off to find that No.5 exhaust valve guide retainer had popped out and let the valve move all over the place.We put it back in and buttoned up again , but the old girl was down on power and ran poorly the rest of the day.
    Ted had run a 16.609 on a 16.38 dial in , so if I hadn't red lit I might have had him . Never mind.
    Jeff and Jeremy faced off next , Jeff ran 13.556 on a 13.55 dial in to Jeremy's 14.94 on a 14.79 and the win to Jeff.
    Allan ran 14.765 on a 14.5 to win over Barry's 15.269 on a 15.2 dial in.
    The next round was the OBFB Flattie up against Al in the Chevy , we ran an off pace 15.230 for a win over Al's 15.4 only winning by reactions.
    Ted held Jeff off with a 16.49 over Jeff's 13.48 breakout , and Jeremy ran 15.001 over Barry's 15.07 .
    The 3rd round saw Jeff put one over Al's Chevy with a 13.695 to Al's 14.788 , and Jeremy really stuck one to me when he ran 15.08 over my 14.6 but his reactions were like lightning compared to this old blokes. Then Ted went for another win when he ran 16.8 over Barry's 15.2 , again it was reaction that got the job done.
    So we come to the final and we already knew that Ted had had the most wins and it took a count back to decide who ran closest , and Jeremy got to run , poor Jeff his car was running so well and as always so consistant.
    The final was a great run with Ted getting the green first but once again Jeremy's razor sharp reaction got him the win. Congratulations Jeremy , fancy that , he was only going to fly up to watch , and he goes home with the gold , well done buddy , and to Ted , mate you raced so hard all weekend , but hey , you didn't walk away empty handed and your car is in one piece.
    To all the guy's there , as always , we had a ball and can't wait until we get the chance to race each other again , I only hope it's soon.
    Oh yeah , it seem the New South Wales team took the 'State of Origin' title , so it looks like us Queenslanders will have to get a rattle on.
    See ya round , OBFB Racing.