Register now to get rid of these ads!

h2o wetter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 61 chevy, May 23, 2010.

1. 61 chevy

61 chevy

anybody use water wetter, does it work?

2. I've tried it a couple of times. It seems to work OK in a decent cooling system, but as a bandaide fix, it never seemed to help.

3. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Seems to work REALLY well when running straight water, not so good with anti-freeze.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

me X2

5. 60 ford

60 ford

We always run it in my Dirt Mod motors, with out antifreeze. Wont go to the track without it.

6. Dead Pan

Dead Pan

funny thing, i bought a bottle of it and poured it in, the upper rad. hose mount broke off and i had to buy another radiator, lol

7. That hardly sounds funny at all :D

8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

If this is for a 61 Chevy then you need to find the problem with your Chevy. 61 Chevy's never required any special chemicals to keep from overheating.

9. Black_Sheep

Black_Sheep

It won't compensate for an inadequete cooling system...

10. canman

canman

In most cases water is the best coolent(removing BTU's). Thing is you have to control the boiling point and sometimes,most times, water is a problem.Even higher pressure is counter productive at some point. We ran tests and even though the gauge temp. went down with some of the other products it was because they were drawing less heat out. As stated usually a band aid and the temp.change somewhat artificial. If they keep it from boiling that is of course a big improvment no matter how.

11. ems customer service

ems customer service

wet water is not for cooling, it works very good for finding water leaks and its intended purpose.

for those hambers who think all water is wet and that we are crazy,

it is a chemical additive that keeps water from beading up (like on a freshly waxed car)

it has many uses a lot of fire depts use it fire surpression sytems and other applications where the water needs to penitrate that surface of the material.

12. hombres ruin

hombres ruin

Nothing is better than a proper cooling system,something that has been gone through.i use it and it works great,i run only distilled water and water wetter.It lubricates the water pumps and is an anti corrosive.If in doubt read the web site and see for yourself.But it has never failed me.

13. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

I use it for the HOT summers here in Las Vegas in my '64 Chevy pickup. it seems to drop the running temp about 20 degrees.

14. enginebloch

enginebloch
    from norfolk va

Water wetter cuts the surface tension of the water to allow it to flow and cling to all the internal surfaces of your engine and cooling system. It is basically a soap, it even bubbles up when you shake it and tastes like it too.

I have heard of racers adding liquid soap to their cooling system back in the day to achieve the same effect.

15. KJSR

KJSR
    from Utah
    1. Utah HAMBers

It does a real good job of plugging up small holes. Once dried, acetone won't even cut it.

16. Hotrod7

Hotrod7

We used to run it in our sprintcar, but ended up shitcanning it altogether since we drained water every time the car ran, we never saw much difference with or without it

17. SlmLrd

SlmLrd
    from DAGO

Will never use anything else. 20 degrees cooler with it and distilled water in my system. Great stuff.

18. Tommy's right. I used water wetter in my '55 Chevy and it definitely helped, but it was a band-aid fix.

Once I replaced the cheezy flex-fan with a heavy-duty steel one and installed a good shroud, I didn't need the water wetter any more.

19. 1940 Willys Coupe

1940 Willys Coupe
    from Texas

I used water wetter in my 327 that I have in my 39 Ford Coupe. On a hot day the car would run at 190 degrees.

Put in a gallon of anti freeze, one quart of Redline water wetter, rest water. Dropped my temp down to 180 degress on a hot day.

Yea, I would say it works.

1940 Willys Coupe.

20. There are several brands out there and they vary on price, 40 below is probaly the highest at $20 a quart, Redline Water Wetter is about 12-15 a pint, and Royal Purple is 12 a pint, what is funny is we have it in a old school truck brand called Siloo for $8.00 a quart, seems to be the same stuff, a lot of the truckers use it as it is a anti corrosive and pump lubricant also.

21. Ran distilled water, Water Wetter, ZERO gycol/antifreeze and worked killer for me in a blown flathead WITHOUT an engine fan. Good rad and pumps of course.

Never got over 190 even in searing heat.

Water Wteeter is a surfectant that IS basically similar to liquid soap and prevents hot spots from forming on thin spots on your cylinder walls.