Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.Ber needs your help...! Please Read...!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Mar 26, 2007.

1. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I'm a little slow, so I still don't know where we stand. What we need to know is what is needed to make the trip, and how close we are to making that goal. What expenses are we trying to cover and what will it take to do so? Danimal you are the man.

Doc.

2. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

25 bucks on the way. hope it helps

3. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey guys sorry for late update.

Andy is non stop talking about the drags and the chance to meet the people who have reached out to him and his love for hot rods.

I spoke with Andys dad ( chris) today and they are waiting for 1 phone call from a Dr in the USA. But Chris says that once he recieves that it is time to book for Andys trip.

Andy has recieved some good news about the growth of his tumor....gleevac has slowed it down, and now they are trying a new drug.......it is making him sick.....but at this stage they will try anything.

I have to admit.......... i still cant believe what Andy is going through, and i still cant believe that such a hard core bunch of gearheads can open their hearts for a young boy who simply loves old cars.

I will let you know tommorrow where we stand.

Leon

4. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Leon for the update.

Doc.

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Thanks, Doc.

I don't have a ton of $$$ but I've got a plane load of miles and I get to go to South Africa for work on Saturday so I'll get MORE!

I think we can swing the flight thing to make sure they go on Thursday. Might as well make the swap in Springfield, what's another hotel night and an extra day's rental? $100 or so?

Anybody got contacts around the Drags that can talk to one of the hotel owners to see if they'll do anything with a reduced rate? Maybe float a corporate rate or something if they know what we are doing? We might as well do this right with the contacts we have!

6. athenamarie

athenamarie
    from Kahoka, MO

Honored to help out. A few $$$ sent via us postal from my hubby and me. Good luck. Good to see so many people with big hearts.

7. movingviolation

movingviolation

I spoke with Andy and his dad (chris) today. They feel Andys health will be good enough for him to make the trip to Joplin. I guess now is just a matter of getting things in place. Chris says Andy is over the top to be going to the drags.

Leon

8. Buford

Buford

Are they aware that air flights to the US require a passport? We are all pulling for them! Frank

9. movingviolation

movingviolation

All right.................lets do it.

I will contact those involved today and those intrested in helping. Chris said said to advise you that Andy is very self consious of his looks due to the drugs he is taking. And that if his health fails he will be unable to travel. But.................lets keep our fingers crossed.

Andy wants to try and do the swap meet as well to look for a few trinkets for his flat head......................Funny part it................as scarce as flat heads are here, he has the best one around!

Leon

Andy is very excited to get to meet you guys and drool over your toys!!!!!!

10. DeVille Gal

DeVille Gal

Do HambAndy and his Dad have rooms booked at the Ramada in Joplin for Friday and Saturday nights through Bob K? They are at a reduced rate.

11. Yep....

I contacted BOB K and he sent me the form. Soon as I know for sure what nights, I'll shoot a check off to him and we'll have that all square.

I love it when a plan comes together...:rolleyes:

JOE:cool:

12. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Sounds dreamy. I talked to our travel guy today and he said I should hit up NWA and see if they're willing to do anything for us. I'm out next week but I'll see what I can do via Email. I'm on a business trip earning more miles!!

13. terrafirma66

terrafirma66
    from tampa fla

the kid's got my vote - I'll pay pal some cake.

14. movingviolation

movingviolation

Another update folks!

Andy is taking very good care of himself so he can be well to travel. He is over the top to see you guys (and gals;) )and your radical toys. I see Joe is on the rooms, and Dan is looking into the airline...... more points would rock, but we will come up with a solution.......no worries. Anyone have rental connection?

I have been in contact with local media on a story....which i will put up here and im sure that any good magazine would love to cover it. We aint all bad............but dont let it get around. Hint hint........zombie:)

On a bigger note....................the doctor who wants to operate on Andy feels that cyberknife may work in this case. So that is over the top good news for my little buddy.

Lets get it done...........

Regards
    Leon

15. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

IF you guys need quick transportation around here in Tulsa, let me know and I'll do what I can to help. Around the end of August, I'll be FINALLY working during the school day, but I'll be available just about any other time of day.

My neighbor works for Dollar RAC, so let me check and see if they've got any kind of help she can give me.