Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.Ber needs your help...! Please Read...!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Junkyard Dog 32, Mar 26, 2007.

1. You guys are awesome...!!! :eek:

I woke to find a good number of E-mails from PayPal... and it warms my heart. If I had hoped to personally take anything from this besides helping out our buddies, it was that we could all get a boost in our belief in human nature. Color me boosted...:)
    ...but don't stop. If you have a few bucks, please share them.

No actual dollar amount has been set as a goal, because there are a few things we might want to see happen over and above the main mission. More on that soon... but it's cool.

DANIMAL- That's a fantastic gesture. If you could transfer those miles, or figure how to make it work, it would free up some of the hoped for funds for the aforementioned cool thing.

Anyone wanting updates can write to me or Leon (MOVINGVIOLATION) and we'll do our best to cover all bases.

Love ya, Greasers,

JOE:cool:

2. sodas38

sodas38

Hell if Junkyard Dog is gonna jump off that bridge, then I am too. Just sent my $ via paypal. :)

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

finally got off my butt and sent the 25 i typed about!!!sorry for the delay!:eek:

4. Degreaser

Degreaser

Just a thought fella's..........If cash is tight and you would like to help, throw some extra parts or whatever in the for sale section and list Andy's paypal account for the payment to be sent. Junkyard Dog 32 can notify you when the funds are recieved so you can send it out. Kind of a cool way to turn some extra stuff you aren't using into something to help the kid.

5. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I went to the American Airlines site and they have a button for me to 'share miles.' I've never done it this way before, I've just gotten the tickets and they've been sent on their way. Like I said, the Canada part is the harder part for this as most of the numbers are for domestic.

Can someone tell me the nearest airport he'd fly from?

Anybody else got miles we can pool?

6. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

munny on its way Joe, you're a good egg man

7. movingviolation

movingviolation

Hey folks,

Just spoke to Andys father (chris)and he told me that last nite while on the HAMB, Andy saw this thread and blew a gasket! He cant believe you guys want to meet him and make him a part of the drags. You continue to provide hope for the Dunn family and faith in mankind. To read his up date from his last check up........

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171686&highlight=hambandy

For those of you who wonder why i have taken a special interest to Andy..........

Almost 2 yrs ago my brother (pro motocross rider) was killed in a practice session at the Canadian nationals. He was a wonderful person who took time to know everyone he met and helped many young riders become racers. After his accident there were people from all over the world that reached out to us with kindness and thoughts. It opened my eyes to a kinder mankind. For this i have to pass it forward. And when my buddys son became ill, Andy was my chance to make a difference to a young boy who needs our help during his struggle with this nasty tumor.

Thank you to all who help in Andys cause, and to those who sent him get well gifts and e-mails.

Chris (Andys father), would like to thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

Reguards
    Leon House

8. I know I wont make the Drags, but If I can help Andy make it I will.

Just paypal'd $100.

I was helped in many awesome ways, I want to repay the favor done to me.

Andy, I hope you have a great time. :)

9. Hooligansince65

Hooligansince65
    from Chicago

I just sent off 50 Via paypal I sure hope others will do what they can. Have a great time and you WILL get through This........

10. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

Where will he be flying out of ?

Doc.

11. movingviolation

movingviolation

Flights would be out of St.John's Newfoundland. Airport abbreviation (yyt). Continental flys to Newark from here during summer months.

Reguards
    Leon

12. TRAVEZ

TRAVEZ

just sent a little something, have fun at the drags!!

_T

13. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

I've got NWA miles as well, doesn't matter to me, 25,000 miles gets one round trip on either but I'm not having luck getting anything out of Newfoundland. NWA and Continental are linked but nothing is coming up. I'll bug our corporate travel agent tomorrow at work and see what the heck is up!

What dates do you want to fly out and back? Once I get this stuff, I'll fight for it.

14. Buford

Buford

I sent a couple bucks (PayPal), will email a pic of my ride tomorrow. Buford

15. last g-man

last g-man

....this is why I love this place. Paypal sent, have a blast Andy!

16. looz nutz

looz nutz

I know tha feeling when a parent sees their kid suffer. You would trade places whith him or her with out blinking an eye. I feel for you brother. Money its on its way through paypal. God bless and have fun at the drags. Now you can not dissapoint everyone here at the HAMB. They all will be waiting for you at the drags physically and in spirit and mind( the ones that can not make it) Good luck Andy.

17. Appreciate all the stuff your doing, I sent him some prints a few months back, but this seems a better way of helping out.

Just sent some $$$ via PayPal

18. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Just fired off some coinage.

Sounds like the HAMB Drags has a Grand Marshall to me.

Fight on, brother!

19. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Sounds like the HAMB Drags has a Grand Marshall to me.

What a great idea.....

I sent Andy one of Ian Jones' prints earlier this year and got such a nice thank you e-mail from him. I would like to help this great kid again so will send a check off this morning.

Glenn

20. meteor

meteor

Just sent some $$$ via paypal. I'm also gonna drop a little something in the mail for ya Andy.

21. I bet we are pretty close to having enough funds already! You guys are very generous.

22. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Hey guys, I just posted an auction, and Ryan 'sticky-ed' it for Andy's trip to the Drags. Check it out, as its at the very top of the page!

23. fitzee

fitzee

Leon was at the shop today and told me about this post.This is so cool and I know for a fact that Andy is loving it.You guys amaze me on how you come togeather for a good cause.Andy,you thought the stuff you got in the mail was cool,wate till you see these cars up close.

24. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

id like to thanks leon {movingviolation} for makin us aware of this story!cant wait to see andy in aug!!!!!

btw big shouts for junkyard for firing this up!

see ya in june andy!:)

25. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

I'm in for $20.00...gonna drop it off to Leon directly.
    You have the karma meter pegged at 11 man...very cool move!!! ;)

26. krooser

krooser

$20.00 from Krooser via Paypal....have fun!

27. KoppaK

KoppaK

Some English pounds paypalled :)

28. sololobo

sololobo

What a super idea, lottsa cooperation from the community as usual. The Roadburners of Omaha have pay-palled $50.00 for this cool cause. I challenge other car clubs, gangs, posses, or others to match this, no-pain gain, for a great cause! Dig in Dudes and Dudettes, lets get Andy to the H.A.M.B. drags. Love from the cornhusker car cats-Sololobo for the Roadburners!!

29. jangleguy

jangleguy

What a great deal. I can't do much, but I sent in a few bucks. I probably won't be there myself this year (blowing the budget on the B-ville trip), so Andy and Company will just have to have my share of the fun. Thanks for doing this, guys.
    Scotty

30. pitman

pitman

Joe, Leon, thanks for this. A wish for safe travels and a fine HAMB visit! $20 sent. :)