Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration H.A.M.B. shirt and the road

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LBCD, Dec 27, 2017.

1. LBCD

LBCD

Stopped on our way up to Lake Arrowhead and wanted to share this...red shirt and red dog

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. Beautiful dog! Great view.

Ben

Early Ironman and LBCD like this.
  3. jnaki

jnaki

Hey LBCD,

Great photo op... that drive is always the nicest around. A little scary on the down hill side, though. Here is a helpful fact for the Big Bear/Arrowhead area:

If your car starts to run bad, stop and adjust the fuel/air mixture and take off the air cleaner. Back in those old teenage days, our cars ran like they were being choked in the higher elevations until I discovered (from our neighborhood mechanic) the carb adjustment. Thin air contributes to odd ball running. Once I had the carb adjustment down for the middle carb on our 348 Tri carb Impala, I could still win short drag races up in the Arrowhead/Big Bear/Snow Summit area with ease. (while everyone else was struggling with their own carb problems and sounding like slow, hissing snakes while driving around town.)

Jnaki

Just remember to re-set the carb for sea level running once you get down the hill.
    Historic fact:

Back in 1956-65, most of the Long Beach High School Clubs/Groups rented cabins in the Big Bear/Arrowhead area from Dec. 26 until the New Year. It was a "local" Long Beach tradition. Of course, teenagers could not rent cabins, so there were chaperones that were very cool to stay for the duration. We met tons of teenagers from other high schools and it was extremely fun. Being in the So Cal mountains, there were plenty of drag races with pride and money exchanging hands. But, the key was "thin air tuning" for maximum performance.

chryslerfan55, Early Ironman and LBCD like this.