Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. meet and greet at Back to the 50's

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seesko, Jun 2, 2009.

1. A HAMBers Meet and Greet is planned for Back to the 50's At the Minnesota :)State fair grounds. 12:00 noon to around 1:00 pm on Saturday June the 20th
    It will be where Judson Ave tee's into Canfield street. Coordinates C-30 on the map below. A chance to say howdy, see some faces and your rods or custom and maybe swill a brew or three. :D
    Hopefully we'll see ya there:)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Was planning on going with the Kwikwire crew, but it worked out that I'll be closing on my house that Friday. Maybe next year.

3. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

count me in Seesko, thanks for taking the lead.

4. I think that is a better place than last year, with the fenced off area it sucked for parking. Just a couple of minor thing to finish up on the Rambler and I am good to go!
    I wonder what the numbers will be this year.

5. It's off the beaten path. On the outskirts of all the kayos. Pretty easy to get to and find. Open too. It should work out well.
    It was 11,700 last year.

6. Ruiner

Ruiner

Is that over by the horse barn where we always have the meet and greet?

7. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

Mrs Jalopy and I will be there.
    by 5 the place starts clearing out so parking should not be a problem.

jim h

8. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

The meet & greet is at NOON at that location....................Rich

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

so is it at noon or 5 ? earlier would work out better for me !

10. mpls|cafe|racer

mpls|cafe|racer
    BANNED

I'd like to know too. I know some of you already, but still wanna make it even if you're there. ;):)

11. Historically it has always been at noon on sat on the south side of the horse barn. At least the last few years that was the plan. 5pm or 6pm is a bad time to meet. Most of us are burnt out from the day and on our way to dinner off the grounds. NOON is my vote and when I will be there.

12. Bobwop sent me the below PM and asked me to start a thread for the 5:00 meet time. I thought it had been decided. If noon is traditional that's fine with me. I'm still a rookie at some of the HAMB protocol.

What do you think about starting a thread announcing a HAMB Meet and Greet for the Back to the 50's event? Sounds like the spot at the and of Judson Ave. would work for most. If I am thinking correctly, that is in the far Southwest corner of the fairgrounds, just West of where the Mecum Auction is held and very close to the arena. If I might suggest, let's shoot for a 5:00 PM meet on Saturday. Gives everybody a chance to do their thing all day long and a good excuse to tip a cold one. By 6:00 they can hop back in their ride and start cruising. What do you think?

Bob

13. I just saw greaser57's post about meeting at noon .

14. why don't you edit your first post to show noon?

15. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

On another thread the agreed upon time was at noon. I don't see why it should be changed now. The last few years the HAMB meet and greet was at noon. The new location is fine but let's keep the time the same that it has been in recent years. By 5 or 6 pm everyone has been walking all day and probably are so tired they can't tell what time it is. That's my 2 cents worth...............................Rich

16. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

do what you wish, but in the other thread, I mentioned the conflict with the Mecum Auction. Not only the issue of those of us that participate, but the parking will be more of a hassle.

So that is my two cents. Whatever the majority wishes. I felt the Noon event was not very well attended, considering the amount of HAMBers that go the Bt50.

Just remember, doing something the way it always has been is not always the best way. If that were the case, we would all be wearing diapers.

17. Mecum auction is pretty much an all day event, so I guess that BTTFs pretty much conflicts with the auction, maybe you should miss that. I don't ever remember having parking problems in the past in that corner. Not sure about you, but I don't drive my car around the grounds much on Sat, too many people.
    So how many 50's meet and greets have you attended? You've been registered on the hamb for a year and your trying to change something that many of us know as a traditional time for the Fifties meeting. No need to change anything. I have been to about 7 or so meet and greets at fifties, can't ever remember any problems with the time or location. And yes, I have attended the mecum auction a time or two. The auction is right there, no need to drive, have them run your cars earlier or later and come down and say Hi for a half hour.

18. Wicked Tin

Wicked Tin

My vote is for noon, I have a wedding reception that night and will have to leave around 4, but that is my problem I guess. What ever works for the majority so we can get more people there.

19. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Cliffy, why do you always need to make it an arguement (see Hunnert Car Pileup)?You think the only guys that show up are "registered on the HAMB"? Didn't you lurk for a while, or did you start posting your wisdom immediately? I would guess you started posting immediately due to your polished debating skills. I give you credit, you are consistant. Just so you know, I am not selling any cars at Mecum. So will you be in charge of the parking at Back to the 50's? You are good at it.

I am only making a suggestion and had no desire to stir up controversy. I agree with Wicked Tin that is should be up to the majority. So why not start a poll and let those that care enough to vote cast their vote?

If all else fails, do it at Noon. I like the location and want to give Seesko props for taking the initiative to start the topic in the beginning and for posting up the map.

20. Whatever. You want to make it a big deal....I'll be there at noon.

21. see ya i wear a watch so whenever

we also hang out wright and underwood most of the whole show we park near the grassy knoll/ cinnebun stand

Attached Files:

22. scoop

scoop

23. greaser57

greaser57
    from minnesota

I vote NOON...................................Rich

24. I'll be there! See you guys then!

25. I'm always up for a nooner.

26. 51Kustom

51Kustom

I'll be there! Can't wait!

27. scoop

scoop

Anybody need header flanges I can bring some along.Pm me.

28. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I vote for 2 am

is that a choice?

29. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

seriously though - will there be any traditional car clubs present at the show this weekend?

30. 11,700+cars! :eek: There might be a few trad car clubs. Lots of HAMBers and traditional cars too.:)