Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Fellow Pages???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 29hotrod55kustom, Mar 3, 2010.

1. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

So i was just looking through a thread on NW Hambers and it got me thinking... so the guy that started it was posting so people could see where in the NW people from the hamb are incase of a break down or help is needed... and something popped into my head...

The NSRA has the fellow pages, a book in which NSRA members who have shops or are willing to help fellow rodders in the area or may be passing through and need a hand... so i thought "why the hell don't we have something like that with the HAMB????"

who else thinks that would be a worth while idea????

2. Orange Crate

Orange Crate

Sounds like a Great idea to me!!!

3. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

We had/have something like this. Hotrod Lady Cruiser aka Denise pioneered it.

I don't know where it went, or if it's even up to date but pm her and I'm sure she'll fill you in.

4. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

5. the fellowship of the hamb.

6. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

now is the one she does/done/did a hard copy? i am talking like a little book with names and numbers in it that guys can carry in their cars and shit..

7. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

You know, I can't be sure. I put myself down on it, but I've never really had to use it per-say............anytime I go ANYWHERE, I generally make myself a road map of HAMB'rs that I already know or need to know.

I'm kind of my own walking telephone directory.:rolleyes::D I do think a small booklet or leaflet would be ideal, but thats something you would have to ask directly.

8. sounds like a good deal to me

9. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

I took a look at the helper site and there are just a couple guys in my state. So any additional lists would be great. I actually know a couple in another state considering selling their car because they have not be able to locate anyone who does quality work on older cars.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The original poster and this last guy are talking about two different application for the "helper" pages. They are NOT to locate a local shop to work on your car. They were designed for folks to carry in their car in case of a breakdown on the road. In case of a breakdown you can call a fellow car buff and get some assistance.

Everyone who PM'd their contact info when the HAMB Helpers pages was first developed Version 1 (about 300 listed) got the excel spread sheet emailed to them to print out and put in their cars. Some printed it, others didn't.:rolleyes: Makes no difference either way, if you break down and can get a message on the HAMB INCLUDING your cell number for easy contact, those of us that have the spread sheet can get you a few numbers of HAMB folks that are in the area and have offered to help.

There is now 415 entries in the HAMB Helper Pages with about another 150 entries to go before Version 2 can be emailed to those that submitted their info. Yeah, I know, I keep saying I've got to finish it up but finding the time is difficult. New boss isn't as easy going as the last.:D

11. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

awesome, i will have to hop on that. i know i have used my dads NSRA fellow pages to help friends before.. one of which was a friend who blew his engine quite a bit south of Bako enroute to the Viva car show (he was to meet us there and blew it up as i was on the way to the airport.. OOPS lol). Anyhow, cool deal, i was completely unaware that existed and i wonder how many HAMBers actually know it exists also.

12. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

:confused:????:confused:????:confused: I always thought you were in charge.:D

HellRaiser

13. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

sounds real good what with all the people quitting the nsra ,even without them quitting it is a good idea. im in

14. Soreback

Soreback

Maybe it should be under the tool bar or whatever you call that stuff you click on to find calendar, manage your account ect. This is the first I have heard of HAMB Helpers. I am interested. Especially, if I in a pickle and need some help.

15. I received Denise's first print 3 or 4 years ago and still have it and have used it a few time to help other people.

BTW,,The original HAMB PAGES consisted of 16 pages of members with their on line name and their actual name ,phone number(s)address,city and state,,what more could you need?

Here's what it looks like,,HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

the NSRA Fellow Pages doesn't have shops listed, only members willing to help you out 105 pages of people listed

17. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

Tell ya what .If ya break from tacoma to Rochester, I got ya covered.

18. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Great idea again , I saw the guy brokedown and I was to far ,Im glad he got a rad and I hope he made it home .My only concern is I wouldnt want my phone number posted on the internet ,Thats all ,I dont care if anybody here has it ,And it should be Alliance members only and people who post .

19. fanspete

fanspete

I'd carry it in my car...not sure why I'd have to shit when I did it!!!

HHAAAHHAA, I kill me!:eek:

20. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

Sounds like a good idea, if anyone breaks down anywhere near The Bronx (N.Y.) let me know and I'll do my best to get you back up and running.

21. 29hotrod55kustom

29hotrod55kustom

awesome, so guys, from here on out, just let denise know, in a PM and i suppose she will do her level best to get you in the upcomming version of the HAMB pages (our version of the fellow pages). personally i will be sending her my info as well!

22. BigChief

BigChief

I just remembered we had this:

http://www.frappr.com/hamb

But it used to be filled in quite a bit....looks like it changed/got reset and/or forgot about. Has there since been a replacement for the HAMB MAP?

23. duste01

duste01

and cookies