Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B.ers Prized Possessions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Dec 18, 2006.

1. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Here are the 3 things I have now that are the most dear to me....
    My Wife, Julie, my Son Garett, and my Outboard...ok stop laughing, here is the story,
    The outboard is a 1967 Chrysler my Dad bought for my Grandpa new in 67. They had an old wooden PenaCraft. The outboard was only used 2-3 summers before Grandpa put it away in the basement. Fastforward 30+ years, Grandpa died in 83, I grew up and got the motor. Now it's alive again and running on a 1967 boat.
    Best part, when I got it out Grandpa engraved his social security number and initials on the block and lower unit, I about lost it when I found that....

Attached Files:

2. Dirty2

Dirty2

My family and friends ...

3. rsg2506

rsg2506

It's toss up between my beenie babies and my complete VHS box set of "Joanie loves Chachi".

-Rich

4. The things I own that mean the most are far from what actually means the most, but I'll play along.

My tool box & tools & these two old turds....

JH

Attached Files:

5. Terry

Terry

I'm rather proud of this:

Attached Files:

6. I've got a lot of the cool bits off this actual car, built in 1949-50 and parted-out in in the '60s... intake, heads, carbs, beehive oil filter, gauges, taillights... the trophy John won in 1951 and the helmet he was wearing at the time. He was kind enough to leave me a detailed description of the car, along with a really detailed scale model.

The dream is to build a tribute car. All I need is a steel '32 roadster body and some Kinmont brakes :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

cool stuff guys. Cant beat having something that you have a personal tie to.
    Groucho, the corvette rules. And the part of daydreaming or thinking of a car while the old man is bitchin you out. Wow , I want to party with you (stripes the movie).
    Nick32vic, cool stuff you have too. Nice to meet you at the Creative Customs Christmas Party. Man, how about a ride in the cochroach?
    Aaron51chevy, the outboard motor hits home with me. As my dad is a fisherman , and a boatmotor mechanic. So i have plenty of memories of me and my dad around a egg beater.
    Everyone else, keep em coming. Lets see some more cool parts. KING

8. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

When I was about 5 years old, I had a stuff Monkey...it had red suspenders, white shoes and was holding a banana. It was ratty as hell, and my mom asked if it was time to throw it away. Wanted to be a big boy, I said yes. I bawled like a baby as the garbage truck drove down the road with it.
    When my son was five, that story somehow came up and I told him about how much I loved that stuffed monkey when I was his age.
    For father's day that year, he made my wife drive all over the city for a couple days looking for that exact stuffed monkey. And damned if he didn't find it at Cracker Barrel, with other vintage-style toys they've re-released.
    It took everything I had not to ball like a baby when I opened that present from him. It's the nicest, most heart-felt, perfect thing I've ever gotten.
    The only possession in the world I own that can't be replaced is that monkey, and it's my most prized possession.

Next to him.

I've got a lot of pretty cool car stuff and gas station stuff, too.

Brad

9. b-bop

b-bop

OK.....technically they are not my possessions, but I would give up all my other possessions to keep them safe and healthy. Parts are parts, but kids are what makes life worth living. :)

Attached Files: