Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B.ers Prized Possessions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KING CHASSIS, Dec 18, 2006.

1. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Got to thinkin tonight; out of all the shit that I own, what two things are my prized possessions? Out of all of us H.A.M.B.ers there is bound to be a bunch of cool stuff out there. Awhile back there was a thread about cool parts on your rod. But I am thinking , parts on your rod or parts for a future project. Some of these parts might not see the light of day. And just a few of our friends might see them. Some of us might be hording parts or dreaming of a project that might not ever happpen. But if that project does happen by gollly I have the damn part that I am going to run on it.
    Ill show you mine if you show me yours. KING

Attached Files:

2. Jason455

Jason455

Heres my most prized. Id sell everything for my future hot rodders.

Attached Files:

3. Fat Hack

Fat Hack
    from Detroit

Well, if you're talking about parts and stuff, this intake would be one of mine!

It's not as wild as a Man-a-Fre, but I love the old Offy double Quadrajet intake!

Attached Files:

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Here's mine:
    R-

[​IMG]

5. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

It's only semi hot rod related, but one day when I'm old and tired and too stiff to turn my own wrenches and build my own cars, I will cash in my little hidden puppy and buy the most radical already done hot rod that I can find.

I have one of the original master studio presses of The Doors "Weird Scenes Inside The Gold Mine" album.

I did a radio show for my High School in NJ for WJRZ during my senior year in 1977. I also interned there the summer I graduated, and was a paid employee/gopher/part time producer until I went in the Army in 1978. The station was sold to an outfit in NYC that turned the format to disco, which meant anything rock and roll was thrown out. I managed to save this little treasure, and still have it today, securely locked up, appraised and insured.

I'm hoping it will at least buy me a couple of fake hemi valve covers for my SBC...!!

6. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

my favorite is my whizzer-rick hamb tag topper and these

Attached Files:

7. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

Well I guess my hotsaw, a 270 winchester that my dear ole Dad gave me and my Model A. If the house was on fire I would grab the rifle and a bible my mother gave to me when I joined the Navy, but that's not cool looking. [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Matthimself

Matthimself

wow ever tried chopping a top with that bad boy?

9. 36couper

36couper
    from ontario

my Cock-a-Snoot hood ornament. Apparently one of few produced early in 1900's.

Attached Files:

10. isthatacar

isthatacar

Mine would be the early 60's replacement panel for my 59 pontiac, picked it up for a grand total of $100 bucks. Perfect fit and my quarter no longer looks like cheese cloth.
    catalinaquarter.jpg

cat1.jpg

11. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Shit dude.... Im an old doors fan and im guessin you settin on a pile thier with that!
    Dave

12. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

One of mine would be the 427 435hp tripower I got off a new '67 Vette with 1200 miles on the odometer. 17 year old rich kid rolled it into a ditch while drunk trying to outrun the cops. It was the first BBC tripower car around here and it was only a couple of weeks old when it was wrecked. It's going on the 427 that's going in the '32 5w that I've had for 30 years. Along with the tripower Ive got the first set of Offenhauser BBC valve covers ever sold to the public 3-4 months before they were available. Long story on how they were aquired. Stop by and I'll tell you.

Frank

13. Gotta be my Merc,and my Roth collection.

14. 53burb

53burb

Mine is.....being on the HAMB and being able to learn more about cars in general and the kool people that I have talked to on here and those that I have met in person from being on here. That to me is golden. "VIVA LA HAMB"!!!!!!!!!!! KNUX!

15. 53burb

53burb

chopped50ford.badbob.lownslow.momentumfoto.derek mitchell.killer. shortdog. coupedacab.RF. Gambino. Noteboom. blktopbandit. 133. tetnas shot. road apple ( praying for ya bro). fonzi. chevnut. lil'mike. cole. bumpstick. munster. chopstix. dreadman. benD. Dan Collins. hellride101. Evel. chromedRAT. dodgerodder. ratsu. dirt. 5051 (the REBEL) just to name a few. The HAMB family has been very good to me. KNUX!

16. Johnny Black

Johnny Black

Mine are my children and my grandfathers bayonet from WWI. Those are the only things I have that I would never get rid of.:)

17. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Oh, the station called, they changed thier format again and want thier albums back http://www.wjrz.com/home.php

PS, it's actually a pretty decent station these days.

And that is one evil chansaw!

One of my prized possessions, my dad's photo album of all the cars he's had through the years.

18. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Probably the bullet taken out of me after being wounded in action in Afghanistan a while ago, very personal thing that.
    Doc

19. flyin-t

flyin-t

besides the obvious (kids, wife, family) it would have to be my dad's old car club plaque. He was in the club in '52-3, Hollydale Ca.

20. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Owning the NCTA High-Timers Dragster from 1955.

21. rixrex

rixrex

its gotta be my health...without it I couldn,t enjoy any of the other stuff..as an ex-smokejumper, skateboards,MX and BMX,demolition derbys and drag racer, did I mention, in 1970 we were rapelling face first "australian style" down the backside of Enchanted rock, the next day we were spiraling down the rock on our modified Schwinn K5s, till they broke, this was the glory days when it was still privately owned....not to mention ingesting every herb and plant compound known to man...AHhhhh great just to be alive........

22. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Got photo? would love to see it.

23. Yo Baby

Yo Baby

""in 1970 we were rapelling face first "australian style" down ""

We called it superman style.LOL;)

Aside from the afformentioned obvious(wife&Kids)My Pete Jackson Injectors and the Old Ford.

24. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

AHRF.com Henry's news.

25. rixrex

rixrex

gonna fly like superman...what was a bitch was throwing enough slack in front of you to smoothly transition from the vertical to a horizontal landing..wound up hangin there, upside down, kissin rock several times......

26. Chad s

Chad s

My mercury accessory wheel. I could never have enough, I want another!

Attached Files:

27. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

Don't know if you remember Ed Sciaky, (airname Ed Shocky) the jock from YSP, MMR, IOQ (when it was an AOR station) and every little nook and cranny station in the northeast. He worked at JRZ while I was there. I think he offed himself a few years ago, didn't he? DeBella was a part timer there for awhile too, before going to MMR for the Morning Zoo shit years ago. Sorry for going too OT. I'm old and lame. A thousand pardons.

28. Grinderspark

Grinderspark

You see what that shit hole album went for on Ebay recently, the one that was found in a fleamarket? Sure it was a mistaken bid, but it's still crazy. Gotta love this world...
    BTW-you recognize who you're talkin' to???
    It'll come to you...:eek: :)

29. Muttley

Muttley

Here you go:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

30. hotrodmatt

hotrodmatt

We just call it not being a girl!