Register now to get rid of these ads!

H.A.M.B. Drags 2007

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ryan, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Just got home from one very knarly road trip home... I forgot to thank two groups:

1. The Vagabonds for the entertainment and food on friday night.

2. The admin guys that stayed home and fended off the spammers all weekend...

I'm sure I'll remember more... For now, I'm taking my ass to bed...

-------------

And for the record... I'm not a show promoter and will never consider myself one... That said, this was my favorite drags to date. I didn't even get to run down the track... There was just something in the air that made me love it.

2. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Big A, It was fun dragging your back bacon around all weekend.

I've been to everyone, even though I slept through teh majority of number 3 as we had just moved the night before and I was up forever and physically and mentally exhausted.

Kinda cool sleeping in the back of the Blazer with the sweet soothing sound of rods doing 100 MPH passes about twenty feet away...

I will never, ever miss one. Unless I'm busy attending my own funeral...

3. Wyle E Coyote

Wyle E Coyote

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! To everyone that makes this event as great as it is. We had an absolute blast! and I plan on being back again next year.

4. Top Fuel Mandrill

Top Fuel Mandrill
    from Tulsa Ok

Definiitly the coolest gig we have ever attended. I never thought going "back in the day" was possible till now. The atmosphere at the track and the motel still has me on a high. Great people, cool cars, and good times. Thanks Ryan, I know how much work goes into an event like that.

5. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

hope ya didn`t hurt that flathead ryan ! I would like to hear it rumble!

6. arkracing

arkracing

7 Days
    3150 Miles
    50Hrs of Driving Total
    A hole crapload of gas

Worth every minute, mile and penny :D

Thanks Ryan
    Only thing that could have made it better was to see your car make a pass.

Next time I will drive a hot rod:)

7. As always, I hadda blast! Biggest turnout yet. I drove 8 hours, ran a 18.42 and drove home with no drama....this year was special because my son was able to get away from his work to attend with me...he was blown away.

8. ponchoman

ponchoman

I'm in total agreement, Binder. Meant to get with you and show you my P/S set up on my '63 Chevy and see if it would help with yours. But anyhow, it was one helluva good time, as usual. All the Ross Auto crew, and as many of the Ratty Bastards as we can get up from OKC, will be there next year. It is getting pretty big, and will probably continue to grow. Best thing this year, didn't get one of Denise's choclate chips, but did get a kiss from her. So, my weekend was complete!!!

9. ~1100 miles.
    ~55 gallons of gas.
    ~20 mpg.
    1st time down the 1/4 in the roadster. (15.40 @ 86 mph)
    90 miles of pouring rain.
    The memories... priceless.

Can't wait to do it again. Still grinning from the drive and runs down the 1/4 mile. :)

Attached Files:

10. bigken

bigken

Thank you Ryan, and everyone involved for making the '07 Drags, the best ever. I spectated last year, and was shickled titless to be a participant, this year. In my experience, I know what it takes to put on a major, national event, and it's an ass-bustin'. job. Thanks to all, and all the folks I got to spend time with, both old and new friends.
    362 days to '08?

11. asillymick

asillymick
    from OKC

I am glad you came out it is not often to see the same car that I have!

12. Yeah it was nice to meet you and your wife. Definitely rare to see two such rare bodies together. Do you guys do the Hunnert Car Pileup??

13. Roothawg

Roothawg

YOU MADE THE RIGHT CHOICE. THERE WILL BE ANOTHER HAMB DRAGS....NOT ANOTHER FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN...

14. Fuck that, we will drag yer ashes to the track:D

15. Thanks so much Ryan and Marcie!!! It was my first HAMB drags and it was the single best one-day event I've ever been to. I experienced so many firsts it's incredible. Seeing old friends and meeting new folks is always a highlight but the sheer magnitude was almost overwhelming.

16. I dug the look on your face as I snuck up on Denise:D That grin was priceless:cool:

17. The HAMB drags is the real reason I'm here. I grew up going to the drags as a kid. At that time all the BIG names would let you hang out with them, and we did. It seems now at the drags it's mostly big bucks and I'm tired of the look at us crowd.
    My band played Saturday night and all the time I was wishing I was at Mo-Kan. Ryan the impact that you have made from the HAMB is something most men only dream of. :) I've only been twice but I woun't miss next year. My rpu is coming together very nicely and should be done by next spring.
    Thank you from all of us that need the insperation the HAMB brings

Mick

18. Wow, I think I have recovered.....reflecting back on this past weekend, I just wonder where the time went....Ryan and your crew did a kick ass job. I just feel for you guys cause you have to work so hard for us to have fun....It is too bad riders are not allowed as I definetly feel I owe ya one! I had a good time at the Springfield swap the day before and scored a couple goodies....No rust free bodies tho, damn....Luckilly, as I had a trailer full of relays back to the rust belt. Thanks to all for making those go smothly...Great seeing old friends and putting faces and personalities to allot of hambers I only knew through type. Then I read comments for the weekend and, damn, didnt know he/she was there! I didnt get any cookies or stickers, and I missed the big time wrestling. I spent the summer tweeking my car for this event, only to have the car perform its worst of the year, but after the 2nd run I did not car anymore cause the vibe was so good. I just wish I could have put on a better show. I got to talk with one of the workers ( guy that passed out the time slips) and he told me of the history and such for the track. Being my first time there, I did not realize you changed states when you made a pass! Also glad they won the law suit vs. the duck hunting lawer.....It was a great time, really, no hype. I wish it was longer. Don

19. RacerRick

RacerRick

Lone canadian?

20. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

That's not a funny as it sounds Trent...here in Denver I attended the funeral of a local funny car driver- Art Ward- with his ex-wife...

Art drove the "Assassination" funny car and was one hell of a competitor, for many years ...his final wish was to be "distributed" on the track.

Bandimere Speedway graciously accepted...Art was packed into the parachute of a local TF rail...and at the end of the afternoon eulogy, they lit that TF car...made an 8 second pass and Art was released from his earthly bonds...

There wasn't dry eye in the place...

R-

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

You were there? :confused:

22. Just like Gray................................hmm, gotta rewrite my will now:D

23. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Bummed I missed it this year-- I've been to a couple of em now, including the first, and its always a hoot---

jay

24. Ole don

Ole don

Hats off to all who helped make this a GREAT weekend. The Vagabonds rule, and they know how to cook brats, I hope they come back and do it again. There was some rain, some beer, some sun, and tons of good runs. Thanks to all who were there, hope to be back again.

25. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

I was gonna say you could mix my ashes with the fuel Root is burning and run me through the Drag N Fly....

But I'd like to make it all the way down the track... :D

26. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

The Ramrods got to the track early and were about 10th in line...we got a spot and then all hell broke loose. Where did all these people and cars come from?

The place was fillin' up fast! So many people we had to go to the spectator side to get hotdogs. You could hardly get your race car towed from one end to the other. I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like next year. :D

Ryan, you told me when it quieted down you wanted a ride in the coupe........you never got your ride.:rolleyes:

You created this monster....so how does it feel to be Dr. Frankenstein?

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I was alittle overwhelmed also Larry and I don't know how I feel about the growth yet.

28. Man, you are cruel:eek: . Tyler asked me if we ever got around to the leg shavin? Carla thinks you should hang the Daisy from your mirror:D

29. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

hehehe... That could totally be taken the wrong way :D

Yes, there were more people and more cars there this year, but they were all still GREAT people and GREAT cars. I loved it. It just took some patience getting through the pits, waiting for food and waiting in the staging lanes.

What a great event!

Malcolm

30. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

It was big, for sure. But the cars were still the "right" cars. The staging lanes were, in fact, full all day long. But I got 8 passes in, and I even took a break in the middle of a day to watch from the stands.

I'm just glad it's gonna be a 2 day event next year.....