Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guys still replace neat old original chassis: my new 34

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Sep 19, 2004.

1. I asked the guy how it ran last week when he took the body off and he said the 59AB ran like a top and stayed cool. It has an electronic fuel pump, new water pumps, nice radiator, shifts nice, rear works well, all fuel lines and electrical, stock column, full exhaust.....

why are you changing it all?, you waited all these years to finally get the guy to sell you his 1934 Ford?
    answer: "I like small blocks and disk brakes."

This will be a neat little traditional hotrod real soon. J.B. (WillowBilly) just dropped it off for me and all we could do was just shake our heads at why anyone whould pull this out from under a running, driving car.

I'm glad he did though.

Attached Files:

2. 2

Attached Files:

3. 3

Attached Files:

4. 4

Attached Files:

5. basic idea

Attached Files:

6. LIMEY

LIMEY

Damn i'd chop my right nut off to score that.....you are lucky...that sure makes things easier.
    Hows Rudy doin with the body?

7. A guy at the place I usta work at did that... bought a running A 5W, and sold off everything but the body! I asked why not just get a glass or a repro, and he said something along the lines of it not being real car. But smallblock/c4/9" on a tube frame tube frame is... [​IMG]

Differnt Strokes, I guess. [​IMG]

Jay

8. seymour

seymour
    from PNW

damn! nice score

9. You're going GLASS BODY AINT YOU? [​IMG]HA!/JUS KIDDING
    the guy who sold that will shit when he gets that new frame and sets it down on there and discovers the recessed rear floors of his mint [real] body will have to be cut out to clear that kit car frames x members! [​IMG]

10. LIMEY

LIMEY

The coupe body at Rudy's place when were there, the one with history.......or do you have another in the build!
    you have way too much stuff kickin around, send me some.

11. whodaky

whodaky
    from Aust

Nice score Gooch. Geoff akaWhodaky

12. RocketDaemon

RocketDaemon
    from Sweden

thats why we have to love goldchainers [​IMG]

13. Fidget

Fidget

WOW! It looks like you could of rigged up a fuel tank, sat on a box, and drove it home! Very nice! I am so jealous!

~Scott

14. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

DAMN! that rules....

15. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

It takes all kinds to make a world Gooch and his loss is sure your gain! Congrats! [​IMG] Keep us up to snuff on your progress. [​IMG] Regards, Dave.

16. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great looking chassis! Man, some guys just don't get it!

17. haring

haring

That's a great score for you, but the seller's attitude makes my stomach turn.

I just know that for all the work I'm going to put into my '32 pickup (late 40s traditional), most people will hate it, think it's ugly, slow, etc, etc. Most people don't "get" old stuff because it requires RESEARCH, KNOWLEDGE, and PATIENCE.

I'm starting to sound like an old man.

If anyone wants to drop off a '32 rolling chassis with drivetrain, PM me and I'll give you my address.

[​IMG]

18. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Score!!!!!

The assdouche that custom made my rails had a beautiful '34 5 window in his shop. The customer was having a M11 installed. It was truly a lovely unmolested car with a uncut frame.

Having those rails made was THE biggest mistake on my car, I shoulda bought ASC rails.

BTW, the guy's gone out of business, I'm glad, not because he butchers his customer's cars, but he didn't treat me right. Never pay in full for something that's not in your hands.

I can't wait to see your car done, I'm sure it will be stunning.

19. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Damn, just add body... that's a great score....

20. Damn ,,,,,,what a luck guy! congrats,, [​IMG]HRP

21. Paul

Paul
    Editor

similar deal when I bought the suspension for my modified,

only the guy was parting the complete restored/rebuilt chassis out,

by the time I got there the engine, frame and collumn were sold,

all to separate guys.

Paul