Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gunnedah October 2022

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Nov 2, 2022.

1. spanners

spanners

I decided to bite the bullet, waste a lot of money on expensive fuel and go racing at Gunnedah last weekend (29th- 30th October). Because of local flooding a lot of the nations highways are now goat tracks, actually they are now worse goat tracks, so I had to take a long way 'round to get there. A trip that normally takes 6 1/2 - 7 hours took me 10 hours.
    Saturday dawned bright and sunny which given that a week ago Gunnedah had extensive flooding was a pleasant surprise. Gunnedah normally gets 60 to 70 entries but this time there were 92 entered including Adam in the Mangrove Mountain HAMBster. I'll only post a couple of videos due to the late model competition and because the crew chief wasn't there to video the runs.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    Crosley likes this.
  2. spanners

spanners

You'll have to hang on as I've forgotten how to do videos.

Crosley likes this.
  3. spanners

spanners

4. spanners

spanners

That was a run against a 1969 Holden with old school stroker Holden 308 stroked to 355.
    The next video is the first qualifying run on Sunday against Adam in the Mangrove Mountain HAMBster. The Slant six gets cracking and easily waltzes past me.

After 3 qualifying runs and working my way through 4 elimination runs I made it into the final only to blunder the start and lose by 0.001 for the runner up trophy All up a top weekend of racing and once again didn't open the toolbox and drove onto the trailer at the end.
    I did the return trip home in 9 hours (840 klms) and drove into the homestead at 4 a.m. Monday .

Last edited: Nov 2, 2022
    Max Gearhead, pprather and Crosley like this.

5. spanners

spanners

Sorry about the duplication. I didn't realize till now what I'd done so I think I fixed it. I might have to look into a new camera. This one has a non adjustable lens so it's not wide enough to show the car beside you.
    I did a count back of runs my wife has filed over the years and I've done 620 runs since I started in 2013 and that's not counting the race meetings where the timing equipment wasn't working but had a flag drop instead with no time slips.

Old6rodder and Crosley like this.
  6. BS!

BS!

Awesome effort! It’s still on my to do list to get down to that event one of these days..

Crosley likes this.
  7. spanners

spanners

I couldn't believe that we had almost perfect weather for the 2 days. Then on Tuesday they were issuing evacuation orders for residents. Weird weather.

Crosley likes this.