Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gunnedah November 2017

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Nov 6, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

Off to the country we went for the Tamworth Drag Racing Club's last event for this year. It's always a good time because of the no ego racing and the friendly volunteers. One thing that did occur was because of unfavourable weather reports the entry numbers were down. This was a bonus in a way as it gave us more runs but financially it wasn't good for the club.
    Once again I was the only HA/GR there but I'll race anyone. Saturday was test n' tune which is basically heads up racing. I managed to win 6 out of 8 runs which I was pretty happy with. One of these losses was against Dave from Mangrove Mountain Muscle Car club. Bloody Chev. powered Chrysler.

Another was against an almost HAMB friendly Chev which I thought would trounce me easily.

All in a good day's racing. 8 runs and didn't open the toolbox. Day 2 tomorrow.

2. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from so cal

Looks like you managed to have fun even if attendance was down. Betting you are still grinning. :)

3. spanners

spanners

I'm always grinnin' Tom. The more runs, the bigger the grin.
    Sunday's attendance was worse with only 28 racers. After 3 qualifying runs we were split into 3 divisions. Very fast, fast and the rest of us.
    This first video is my version of American Graffiti.

This next one is just something I've wanted to try. Unfortunately I couldn't get the lane I wanted but if you look through the rollcage you can see what the roadster is doing.

4. spanners

spanners

After lunch was the elimination rounds which I managed to win the first one but in the next this happened.

Same run, different camera. Track too short.

All in, a terrific weekend of racing. 13 runs all up with 8.7s all weekend and didn't open the toolbox. Next weekend possibly racing at Bodangora which is a 4 hour drive in the other direction. I'm either keen or crazy.

Black Knight Racing likes this.