Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gunnedah 17/18 June 2017

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Jul 2, 2017.

1. spanners

spanners

Sorry if this is a bit delayed but some family stuff has been happening. I won't bore you with a long winded race report so I'll keep it brief.
    We headed up to Gunnedah for the 1/8th Mile drags held by the local drag racing club. Weather was pretty good with a slight breeze but numbers were down on previous weekends. This proved a bonus as it gave us plenty of runs on the Saturday and Sunday morning qualifying. Once again I was the only HAMBster in attendance which the door cars don't like but you get that.
    Now remember this is 1/8th mile and I'd been running 8.9s the last 2 days so you'd dial 8.9. I did and won the first elimination run with a 9.042, my opponent broke out.

I was tempted to alter the dial in but left it alone. The next run we were on nearly identical dials which I like. I got him on the start, kept in front and even backed off before the line.

Once again I blew it. Even backing off I ran 8.892! As usual you can't help but wonder how good the run would've been if I'd stayed into it. Oh well, there's always next time.

Crosley likes this.
  2. spanners

spanners

I'll put this video up for anyone who likes the Aussie utes. It's a XB Ford ute with a 373 cube Ford motor (bored out 351), 4 speed Toploader manual. This was in the qualifying runs. Needless to say he was in a different group in eliminations.

No more racing for me till August 13th, with 4 events in 6 weekends, 2 of which are in Queensland (a leisurely 10 hour drive). Catch you all later.

Crosley likes this.
  3. bobw

bobw

Nice racing, spanners. I sure enjoy the videos.

4. Mr. Mac

Mr. Mac

I also enjoy your videos.

5. spanners

spanners

Sorry for the tardy reply, family issues have taken precedence over 'putering.
    Thanks for the kind words. The next event is the Nostalgias at Willowbank on August 13th. It should be interesting as Jeff and Steve are moving to Queensland and should be able to race so a bit bigger field will be an asset.