Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guinevere my 34 three window build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seventhirteen, Mar 18, 2011.

1. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

Oddly this build started out with my wife crashing her 64 t-bird, so I started looking for a donor car to fix her bird and came across a fella that sold me 2 cars for $200 BUT I had to pick the second one up about an hour or so north of San Diego. At the time I was selling a rough big block model A coupe to a fellow Hamber Beernuts and agreed to meet him halfway at the exit where the second bird was. We met up, he bought the car so I emptied my trailer in the Burger King parking lot and headed over to get the second T-bird.

Turns out, I end up getting the bird and buying 4 galaxies, 63 vert, 63 4 door, 64 vert and a 64 hardtop. Well, sadly I wasn't out of money and knew Dan Collins was selling off a 34 coupe all in pieces up in Ventura, turns out Dan's wheel fell off on his truck and he was heading to his shop so off we went and picked up Guinevere my holy grail, the 34 three window, thrown in the bed of my truck and slid the frame under the car on the trailer

[​IMG]

this is what I came home with for the largest chunk of change I've ever spent on a car, pretty much all the sheet metal minus fenders and running boards, also came with dash, frame, radiator, grill and some other goodies

I had already picked up a nice 51 flathead out of a ford woodie on a weird craiglist deal, gotta love when your looking at a smooth running flathead and the fellas says it's all junk to him because he has a smallblock ford ordered from texas coming.

[​IMG]

Offy heads, intake, cast fenton headers, 94 carbs, with a 3 speed with over drive gearbox, outback will be a banjo converted to open driveline

juice brakes, dropped axle, split wishbones, nothing ground breaking, no fenders, full hood

picked up a wood kit made by another Hamber and mocked the body up, looks like a gasser launching in my garage at the moment but lets me look at it as I start dragging parts out to throw at it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and so it begins....

2. Legendary Lars

Legendary Lars

excellent nice flattie

3. Love it! I will be following the build.

4. hasty

hasty

Congratulations. What are the plans? Will it sit so high?

5. Weasel

Weasel

Your '34 may actually be a '33 judging by the grille. Other clues would be no hole in the lower cowl for hood latch to engage - that was for the 1934 style cars and no sail panel at the rear of the window opening on the doors. A single center mounted hood latch on a hood with curved louvers would also be a clue. Can't really see for sure from your photos, but that's what it looks like from what I can see....

6. Nice pile of parts you have there! Will be fun to watch...

7. seventhirteen

seventhirteen
    from dago, ca

no it won't, it's so high now because i threw a model a front end under it to get it rolling, it won't be slammed but will have a 4" dropped I beam axle with a reversed eye spring

the grill is a 33, the doors appear to match the body and are 34 for sure, hard to tell in the pictures

8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

This looks to be a great save. Pile of parts to Hotrod!

9. Great start - I wouldn´t have a clue where to begin with a pile of bits like that.

10. bubba67

bubba67
    from NJ

Cool start, good luck with it.

11. god damn, i enquired on that car when dan had it for sale! we lucked out but have located another, ill be watching your build closely

12. brady1929

brady1929

great start to a nice hot rod

13. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

33 grill, 34 doors and 34 cowl. You can see the hole at the bottom of the cowl where the hood latches. 3 windows are super cool and I think the 33 grill has more of an elegant shape with the swoop.

14. Smokey2

Smokey2

Congrats on your Supurb FIND!! I/m definitly Jealous.........I AGREE on the Swoooped '33 Grille.......Keepit!! Always '33's an '34's where MY favorite....
    I had them, When everyone eles wes fooling w/ Model 'A' s
    Drove me '34 Phaeton to Dearborn, in tha' 80's, and actually Drove it on the FORD TEST TRACK!!!
    Will defininut-lee be followin' the BUILD........Good luck!
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Smokin', In the GREAT Smokey Mts. of Ten-E-Cee :cool:

15. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

Great find! Looks like a good start to your project. Keep us posted.

16. Great find! Its always more exciting when they are in pieces!!

17. D ROD

D ROD
    from New Jersey

Nice score! 33 grill is bad ass. Looks like you have your work cut out, keep us posted!!!

18. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Great job on getting a coupe and I also prefer the 33 grill. The hood tops are 1933 as you can see the reveal around the radiator cap.