Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guide trim rings

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 30 Sedan, Dec 8, 2005.

1. 30 Sedan

30 Sedan

Does anyone know if trim rings that fit the Guide 682 C headlights are being reproduced? If so, do you have a source? If they are not does anyone have another ring that might fit? Thanks

2. http://macsautoparts.com/ , that is, if your light is stock Model A.??

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I don't know what number these are but the repro rings came from a 1940's era Chevy repro parts house. These hook at the top and use one screw at the bottom into the bucket. They will have the gasket for them too. They are made for a 40's era Chevy truck. I bought the buckets at Carlisle and walked over to the repro Chevy stall with one in my hand. I don't bookmark Chevy suppliers so you'll have to do your own search for a supplier.

4. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Check with Roy Olsen, Sioux City, Iowa. He repops the outer trim ring and inner retainer ring. I got a complete set from him for about $130.00 if I remember right. I can't find his number, but if you do a search on ebay, his name is room4more. Their good quality.

5. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Go to your local Harley/Motorcycle store. Most bucket headlight rings have the same general shape and dimention. You might need to try several to get exactly what you want, (type of pinch bolt, chrome or painted, amount of retaining ring exposed, etc.) but they're out there and not too expensive.

Also, the actual retainer ring which holds the bulb in place is available for about twelve bucks in the HELP section of most auto parts stores.

6. 30 Sedan

30 Sedan

Thanks for the info.,I have a friend that owns a Harley shop so will check.

7. 40 Chevy pickup lite rings will work, try RB's Obsolete or Chevs of the 40's