Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guide 682-C headlights EBAY auction final bid $1,281.56

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fallschirmjager george 2, Mar 28, 2011.

1. fallschirmjager george 2

fallschirmjager george 2
    BANNED
    from midwest

I read thru all the posts and I am always impressed with the down to earth attitude posts by the members on the HAMB. Some of the best hard working - common sense hot rodder folks you will ever meet are here.
    Someone asked what a "GoldChainer" is? The ones I ID as a Gold chainer is the deep pockets big ego guy who comes into our hobby, throws his money around and drives up prices on everything. The GC will go on to other interests when he can no longer feed his huge ego at the car shows with his uncreative circus wagon car.

But 99.9 % here will adapt, find alternatives, wait out and hope the GC moves quickly on to speed boats, toys trains, beanie babies or whatever they think will make them feel "Cool".

2. Tank

Tank

Good lord. There must have been 2 people that REALLY wanted those!

3. 1955 LEDSLED

1955 LEDSLED
    from LONG BEACH

Holy Shit, thats a lot of green for some lights.

4. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

theres a pair on there now for 375 buy it now .Another dreamer,,,,,,,,,,,,

5. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Yeah, there's repops available for a fraction of that amount.

I don't know how nice these are compared to a set of the original lamps, but they're brand new and shiny and you don't need to sand off rust from decades worth of neglect and send stuff out to the chrome plating company to get them presentable. And they take standard sealed beam bulbs so you can have modern lighting in your rod.

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Exactly what I have in the garage for my RPU. OTB.

http://www.otbgear.com/Classic-682-C-Headlights-Pair-P33.aspx

7. i found my pair of electrolines at IOLA 7 years ago for 25 bucks haggled em down from 35

heck ......guides i got boxes of em and old fogs too

hope these prices hold until i need some more buildin money

8. Chuckles Garage

Chuckles Garage
    Alliance Vendor

9. Amazing. About 3 yrs ago I watched an auction for my dad for a set of 4 REPOP Ford wheels. The seller LISTED the price he bought them for and a link to the manufacturers web page was in his ad. The friggin' wheels sold USED for 45 bucks MORE than they could be bought for from the maker!
    As my dad is fond of saying, never underestimate the power of stupidity!

10. capten icon

capten icon
    from Lodi

Perhaps the seller has a few different ebay accounts and set the whole auction up. Spent a few dollars transferring the money to him/herself and paying the ebay fees so that people would "want" Guide lights now. And the person has a huge stash of them ready to put up for the "true suckers" to go crazy over. Ha

-Pete

11. capten icon

capten icon
    from Lodi

Dang didnt see FiddyFours comment, basically repeated it. ha

-Pete

12. 4t7flat

4t7flat

I bet all of you would be really happy if you were the seller. I never paid more than $55. for a pair of Guides,and never sold a set for less than $150. on E-Bay. The most I ever got was $450. for a set I paid $10. for,at a garage sale.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Money does not come with instructions......................and if it did sure as hell some dimwit that couldn't read would find the winning lottery ticket laying in the middle of the road.

Frank

14. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

The re-pops by OTB have about 3-4 distinct features that make them nothing like the originals. The last set of Guide 682-C's with brass original brass tags sold for $750 on evilBay, last week. I've never sold a pair for more than 450. There sure are some nuts out there. Also, the super rare early 682-C's have not been reproduced and neither have the 682J....making them both still worth something.

15. OLLIN

OLLIN

I came accross that listing yesterday when it was at like $800, and I thought WTF?!? then...