Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guide 682-C headlights EBAY auction final bid $1,281.56

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fallschirmjager george 2, Mar 28, 2011.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Five years ago I had two NOS pairs of them in the original boxes...paid $400 for one pair and $500 for the other pair of headlights...my wife thought I was nuts.

Sold both pair on ebay to one guy for $2000...wifey thinks I'm brilliant now. :D

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. 32Gnu

32Gnu

May be a little Naive or whatever.. but what is a goldchainer?

Is it the guy who pays someone to work on his car and money is no object?

Just wondering..

3. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

she might think that, but i still think you drool when you lean forward and your lips move when you read

*note to self, larrys chops busted: 29 march 11 enough till april

4. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

yes. that is pretty much what a goldchainer is... this is what you'll find if you look up goldchainer in the encyclopedia

[​IMG]

dayum... twice in one month... in the same thread even. ouch.

5. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

hush up you...:p

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  6. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I'd just like to see the look on the face of the losing asshole that thought he would just end the bidding. :D

It can't be any fun building a car like that. Just bullying people with your wallet.

7. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

You know what's really interesting about this... It means you can take $500,000 worth of eBay parts and a couple thousand hours of your labor, and assemble a $20,000 model A. :p

8. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

huh?
    wha?
    :eek:
    that musta been the evil me... :cool:

9. RAY With

RAY With

Throw 2 fools in a sack and shake it up and dump it out and you still have 2 fools. Hard to believe something as common as these lights to bring that much stupid money.; Yep it's goldchainers for sure.

10. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

That price is pretty hard to believe.

But this statment is even Harder ... Why would ANYONE buy reproduction BLC lights when you can buy several pairs at most any decent Swap Meet ?

Reproduction ........ PFFFFFFT !

11. That's insane!

12. Will350z

Will350z

That's Electroline price territory... An absolutely absurd price to pay for a set of Guides, sure they're clean, but come on...

13. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Yep, this happens all the time. Something like this goes for crazy $$$ on ebay and every rodder is hustling to get the same "garage art" off their wall and quickly list it on ebay to cash in.
    Mere talk on HAMB can cause this. Recently there was talk here about Cal Custom "foot" gas pedals, then all of a sudden there's a slew of them popping up on ebay for several straight weeks.
    Those Guides are now seemingly on every other traditional Hot Rod and are getting to bellybutton status.

14. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Better show me in that encyclopaedia too, because that pretty much sums me up. Everything is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I'll agree that that's a lot of money, but if that's what this guy wants to do with his that's pretty much his business.

[​IMG]

15. olskool34

olskool34

I had a set of NOS guides 682-c's that I sold to a hamber back in 07 and he paid 400 for them, I thought that was ridiculously high! Is this for real? Why would somebody pay that much for them?

16. I have a set of lights with no tags, and strange mounting brackets. Are these "Guides" or some old knock-offs?

By the way, at that price, he probably could have bought a set of E+Js

Attached Files:

17. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Not trying to sound like a hater, but maybe they are going overseas, as they seem to be the only ones with that kind of coin to buy up our Hot Rod history anymore.
    It's too bad though, the price of Guides had recently returned to a realistic range, then these come along. Now we'll see the prices soar again.....

18. Flatheaded

Flatheaded
    from Nordakoda

A guy gave me a set a couple of years ago complete with marker lenses for free, he was gonna throw them away. To spend that kind of money on a set is totally stupid. Guess some people have to show off by spending a load of cash on something that can still be bought for under $100. Looks like the economy is making a comeback.

19. The best part about this is with ebay, it takes two! Somebody else was bidding against him.....

20. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

Thats pretty nuts!! I had a nice pair that I paid $20 for a few years back that I gave to a friend to put on his rough sedan. Maybe I should get over there I dig thru his leftover stash.

21. Looks like the one guy with (3 feedback ratings) took it from $175.00 to $579.00, then the deep pocket fellas took it from there. Crikey!

22. autobodyed

autobodyed
    from shelton ct

funny thing is, he'll be braggin' to all his buddies about how much he paid to put himself on top of the goldchainer food chain! "yep, paid almost 13 hundred bucks for those babies you see right there!! can you top that?"

23. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

I have 3 sets & none are on my car. I took one set off to run the ultra rare 34 Commercials. ;)

24. That's way too crazy!

25. Hi!

Hi!
    from SoCal

Just great.:rolleyes: Every asshole at the swap meet is going to try and up thier price now. Favorite line has always been "seen a pair on ebay go for that much".. Either that or people will start stealing them.

26. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

Have had a set of 34 truck lights in my outdoor shed for years, now that I know they are are Ultra Rare, I can't use em on my junk hot rod, guess they are going on ebay!!:D

27. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

90% of those looking at them couldnt tell the difference between original and repops

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

maybe what they really wanted was the rare "guide" 6 volt headlights that are mounted in them. when is the last time you saw a Guide headlight? very rare.

29. Andy

Andy

There was an auction a few years ago for a 32 chassis. I believe the two bidders put in unbeatable bids at the last second. The winner was into it for 250 k or something. I wonder how that turned out.

30. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It looks like it might be time for me to auction off my parts collection, and then buy a building.