Register now to get rid of these ads!

Guide 682-C headlights EBAY auction final bid $1,281.56

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fallschirmjager george 2, Mar 28, 2011.

1. fallschirmjager george 2

fallschirmjager george 2
    BANNED
    from midwest

2. Dave Mc

Dave Mc

Henry Ford said "There is an Ass for every Seat"

3. cakes

cakes

that is just rediculous, I wish I had picked up the pair I saw three years ago at at an antiques shop for 50 bucks

4. FalconMan

FalconMan
    from Minnesota

Amazing ..................

5. and it started at $9.99....

6. fallschirmjager george 2

fallschirmjager george 2
    BANNED
    from midwest

I called my buddy and he said he had pair and he wants in on some of the insane ebay action.
    I ve bought many of these headlights from the model a restorers.... they hate them. Ask any of those old dudes who have been restoring models a for years and usually they have a few pairs of many different forms of Guide headlights in their "junk"
    Another place to look for them is big trucks. The pair loose I spoke of earlier came off a street dept. truck. I found a set off small guides on a tractor once. Gave them to my buddy for his t bucket.
    Theres Gold in them hills....:)

7. Drive Em

Drive Em

I just bought a pair at a yard sale for $10.00.

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's called, They are the current hot lick item, I have no idea where to find them on my own and I have no idea of a realistic going price for them but I gotta have them now to be one of the cool guys. Oh, and don't forget that three of his buddies said that they were "rare". when he pointed out a set on one of the feature cars in one of the latest magazines.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2011
  9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Another member of the more money than brains club. :p

Someone who has to have them just because they are old and "original" .

Crazy when you can buy a nice reproduction of them for a lot less.

Unlikely that the fool who bought them will show up here, or if he does he won't admit it. (Buying them) :)

10. Lucky77

Lucky77

So what lights do I have on my roadster? I've often wondered what they're from? The only place it says Guide on them is the mounting plate. It just says GUIDE made in the USA. There's no little badge or anything. I paid $175 for them at a swap meet a year and a half ago.

Attached Files:

11. What recesion!

12. chaddilac

chaddilac

Are you kiddin, he's not a member, he's the president and founder!!! :eek:

13. Ghost of ElMirage

Ghost of ElMirage

This just proves that anyone that would pay that kinda money for Guides is a dumb bastard!! I mean really I have alota vintage parts that I have paid good hard earned money for but I have a line I wont cross. In these times we all need to use some common sense. $1,281.56 for Guides!!!! Rather use repops!! That kinda money could get ya a rebuilt flattie nothing special mind you just a good usable flattie short block

14. Groovybaby6

Groovybaby6
    from Denver

Everyone has those lights now, they aren't even rare anymore!

15. JCW2110

JCW2110

Wow!!!! There's gonna be a wave of them on e-bay now.:eek:

16. gear27

gear27

Crazy bought mine 4 years ago for I think $100.00 and they were real nice!!

17. daddylama

daddylama

damn. i have a single 682-c i picked up last year for $5.

its hooked up to my low voltage landscape lighting with a 5w bulb behind the glass.

i am super f'ing classy and didnt even know it.

18. Thats just fkn NUTS.

They sold for 12x more than what I paid for mine in 2006.

I can undertand super rare parts going for $$$ ( Kinmonts anyone) but that is just plain stupid for a set of 682c.

What can you expect when the chainers want a piece of what is non maintstream in order to become kool, when in the end they are only succeeding it making it mainstream.

Total crap.

Then again, if some pinhead what to relieve himself of 1200 clam$ and you have 6 sets of them, go ahead and sell 'em.

More power to ya

Rat

19. HELLMET

HELLMET

wow i better hold on to the 12 pair i have hanging in my garage. billy

20. PT Barnum was right, "there's a sucker born every minute."

21. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

That probably was just one of those times People wanted them,I had a set for sale and couldnt get 150 for them,They were painted ,I wonder if that guy will get paid......

22. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

you guys ever stop to think that maybe... just maybe, the dude sold them to himself or a friend, just to generate internet hype, and thus interest in these things that he has 20 pairs of hanging in his garage?

23. Had to be more than 1 IDIOT:eek: as it takes 2 Idiots:eek::eek: biddin to get them up that hi.
    Never paid more than a hun for a set.

24. jimbob

jimbob

Ha, does this mean I can Get $600 for the one I have that I can't seem to find a pal for? Tell ya what, anyone want a bargain, its yours for $350!

25. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Check out the bidding history. Of the last 6 or so bidders, all but one of them had over 500 transactions on eBay.

Looks like this is legit... Some moron is about to get a very rude wakeup call when he realizes he paid about 6-8 times what they were really worth! :D

26. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Those headlights are so over used now I don't even like them anymore. Coulda bought a Hal QC for the same dough, I wonder what he'd pay for one of those. The guy probably already has a new Ardun, those will be the next sbc!!

27. tubman

tubman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Crap! I gave a pair to a friend a couple of years ago because he had a use for them, and I didn't. What does that make me?:eek:

28. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

What he said.....

Nobody really paid that for those lights, come on guys. Those things are not that rare, and I'm pretty sure you can even buy them re-pop.

29. striper

striper

...or retire

30. onedge

onedge

Have several pairs too...just cant go that route with them though. Really too bad. Geez.