Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Grundy claim.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 28 Ford PU, Aug 18, 2019.

1. upspirate

upspirate

I believe he said he was with Hagerty....I could be wrong

camer2 and rockable like this.
  2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Oops, my bad and apologies. It was Hagerty and not Grundy! :(

3. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Well guys this is where I’m at.

I told the claims office that I want to be there when the adjuster arrives so let me know when he’s coming. NOT — he just showed up 10 days after the Claim was opened so I never was able to see/hear what he had to say.

The claims office assigned this guy they dug up from somewhere because they didn’t have anyone in my area. I’m 10 miles from Albany N.Y. the capital of New York State so we’re not talking East Bumfuck.

My friend and owner of the Hot Rod shop is where the truck was when he arrived. My buddy had to explain to him genuine Henry parts were on the truck so aftermarket parts were not an option. He had to show the guy the difference between original and a reproduction fender along with countless hours that my be needed to bring a 90 year fender back from the dead.

The guy left scratching his head and told my buddy he might be awhile researching what the parts are worth before he agrees to cut a check.

Well it’s been three days now and now a word from them

This could days — weeks —-Years?

4. OFT

OFT

Would seem time for you to follow advise others have given=Contact the State Dept of Insurance and file a complaint.

5. I would not get in a hurry ,the guy is probably trying to do the best job he can. I have had two pretty good sized claims with Grundy & the adjusters were right where I thought they should & what I thought I would need to get my car back on the road. Yep same car both times & two different adjusters from different areas. Grundy had me a check in nothing flat & the insurance girl said if I found anything hidden to let them know & they would take care of it.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

It is not as though they can plug the damage into a software package and print out an estimate like they do with a new car. As anyone who has built a car can attest the prices vary for many parts depending on how bad you need it vs how bad the seller needs to get rid of it/needs the cash. We are so conditioned to get everything in a couple of days, we forget somethings just take time. I would rather have an adjuster research the true cost vs just make up a number to get it off his desk, within reason.

7. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Another counter-point. I have Grundy, so does a friend. He was rear ended at Louisville by essentially a hit and run, broken promises guy. Grundy will fix his car and is going after the hit-ee. Hang in there.
    Besides, the show is over in Laguna, so they must be headed back to the home office by now.

loudbang likes this.
  8. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Our Old Car season is just about over up here in the northeast so I’m going to sit tight for a bit. The only timeline I have right now is May of 2020. I’m planning a trip to Hershey fall meet to do some shopping. If I find what I want in the condition I have in mind I’ll buy it. If it’s more than what they allowed me I’ll show receipts reflecting that. I wonder if they’ll pay travel expenses Hmmmmmm?

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. I hope everything works out for you.
    I'm posting this link not because it has any thing to do with your individual situation. It is about "insurance claims" and the close relationship insurers have with law enforcement. It is a long read but damn interesting, especially the last few sections.
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/kendalltaggart/insurance-fraud-erie-state-farm-farmers
    I actually use one of the insurers mentioned in the article so I'm not trying to bash any of them. It's just scary as hell and pisses me off.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  10. ........and they wonder why people go off and start doing crazy shit!:mad:

hotrodharry2 and wraymen like this.
  11. lonejacklarry

lonejacklarry
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

12. This story was just released a few days ago and sure seems legitimate to me, believe what you like.
    The law suits and the people are real. CNN and other news programs covered the original contractor story but did not cover his vindication and counter suit. Here is a link that details the IFPA act in Pennsylvania. The board members are mostly insurance executives and the Pennsylvania law enforcement investigators, prosecutors and even the judge are paid out of a fund provided by the Insurers. What a cozy relationship.
    https://www.helpstopfraud.org/The-IFPA-Act

Mods, Please feel free to delete my two posts, just thought it was an interesting read about insurance claims.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  13. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Well you might as well say it’s been two weeks now because nothing is going to happen today or tomorrow. The rookie adjuster is still scratching his head trying to figure the value of the claim. Either he’s an idiot or a complete load.

Hopefully soon I keep praying.

14. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've got 4 original sheet metal deuces and I just insured a 40 Ford coupe plus my 2014 Corvette insured with Grundy. I've haven't had a claim to date and hope I never do. I sure hope if something happens they step up and don't stumble like they are doing for you.

15. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Dang. I hope you get paid sooner than later.

I had Grundy and State Farm for my house and daily. After a debacle with State Farm I followed some friends to American National (parent of Chrome) Now everything is with them. I havent made a claim on the Chrome side. But the American National guys have been more than generous with damages to my house, I save over 1k a year in premiums, and I can call or text my agent and have answers in an hour or less. I'm very happy, for now.

David Gersic, egads and loudbang like this.
  16. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Three weeks now and still not a dime. I tried calling Grundy directly (Philadelphia ins. handling claim) but they must of plugged in my phone number and bang, they could see everything that has been going on and they SIDED WITH THE ADJUSTER . Told me to sit on it!

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang likes this.
  17. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. I think you hit the nail on the head...not sure but I think Grundy is just the middle man so to say, all my past policy's thru Grundy was actually with Philadelphia Insurance who was the actual insurance company...?

loudbang and 56shoebox like this.
  19. loudbang likes this.
  20. I honestly think the op is overreacting, as are some of the repliers, at least on the time factor. Be a little patient here! Lawyers? Come on, it's been only 3 weeks. How do you think a lawyer is going to speed up things? Think about it......he said the stuff that got damaged was original Henry stuff, and that's what he wanted as replacements. How long would it take YOU to find acceptable original Henry replacements, particularly if you were not up to speed on that particular model/year, etc. And then how do you figure time bringing the unseen parts up to snuff? And what is "up to snuff"? Is this concourse, or driver quality? Has the OP done anything to help locate replacements? How do you figure labor on something like this? It's not like straight body work repair, and it definetly is not like figuring aftermarket replacements.
    Grundy is a good company, give them a chance, I do realize there may be an issue with the specific adjuster's correspondence, but we're only hearing one side of the story. Just my 2 cents.
    And btw, what's with this "SHE" and "HER"? Are we suppose to believe the issue is because she is female? And no, I do not have any relations with Grundy..........they are the one's that cancelled me a few years ago.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2019
    mr57, seabeecmc, Hnstray and 2 others like this.
  21. Communication is the key here. Yes, three sides to every story, somewhere in the middle is the truth. But to side with the vehicle owner, if how he is reporting it the adjuster is lacking on communication skills. Keeping the insured informed of what is going on could be done by a simple phone call or an email, communication of either good or bad news at least lets the O.P. know at what stage they are at.

"I told the claims office that I want to be there when the adjuster arrives so let me know when he’s coming. NOT — he just showed up 10 days after the Claim was opened so I never was able to see/hear what he had to say." This part would have me questioning what was going on too. I would want to know also what was said to the collision shop owner firsthand even though I was acquainted with the shop owner.

I was during my full time career and now my semi retired career in parts departments. From my experience of close to fifty years in the business keeping a customer informed is paramount.

Our daily driver insurance company was changed due to an adjuster ignoring my calls questioning a betterment charge and his snotty attitude when I had the audacity to question him on why I had to pay a betterment on a fourteen month old battery in our fourteen month old car. I think that three unreturned phone calls and the fourth I just got lucky to catch him in the office was unacceptable. So as a result he lost our two houses, five cars directly and one other car indirectly, older daughter also changed companies as a result.

loudbang and olscrounger like this.
  22. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

The SHE and HER has nothing to do with the female sex. I was only point out it was SHE without naming names thinking that if someone else had been down this road they would remember HER.

loudbang and Texas57 like this.
  23. Ah, ok, that was an understandable misunderstanding. Good luck, I'm sure you'll be taken care of in the end. If you're not, you'll be the first I've heard about from Grundy or Hagerty. Hang in there, and keep us posted!

24. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

I’m one of the least Sexists person you’ll ever find besides Trump

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Texas57 likes this.
  25. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

I have heard many say what a pleasant experience they had with Grundy claims, until now I had never heard a complaint. Good luck on yours.

26. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Yup—- just like taking a defective part back to the parts store.

“I’ve never seen one of these come back”

27. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

I had an off topic pickup involved in an accident that was the other drivers fault. Damage was enough
    that is was questionable total or fix. The adjuster from Allstate told me they would fix it, I drove it to the body shop. They estimated it would take 10 days to fix. 2 weeks later I stopped by to see what was up
    the owner of the body shop told me The adjuster totaled the truck. By then I had about 3 days left on the 30 days of rental covered on my policy, not much time to find a new vehicle, as well as not knowing
    I had to arrange my finances to buy a truck.
    You can get a bad adjuster from any company, do not paint a picture of an entire company due to one
    persons poor performance.

28. 28 Ford PU

28 Ford PU
    from Upstate NY

Been 4 weeks now and still nothing from Grundy, not even a phone call or any updates.

loudbang likes this.
  29. Big difference between a few weeks and a full month. No correspondence is definetly not acceptable. This seems so out of character for Grundy.

loudbang and Hamtown Al like this.
  30. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

I think it's time to lawyer up or at least contact the insurance commissioner of your state.