Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grudge Match Update!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flatshoebox, May 20, 2005.

1. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Here's the old link if you need a refresher!
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42007

Ok, so 215slowpoke (straight 6) and I (flathead V8) finally did some stoplight racing in our POS's last night.. Both cars were untuned and the 6's clutch was slippin, so he says!

We raced 3 times.. (Stop light style in city traffic right past the police station..)

1st Race - I got a good launch off the line and we went about an 1/8 mile.. I beat the 6cyl by a car length or more.. Not a fair race cause he must have been sleepin at the line.

2nd Race - He's a little more awake now... we both broke the tires loose and went about another 1/8 before we had to shut them down in front of the police station! Again I had him by a little less the a car length only!

3rd Race.. This time were at the spot, the CLU bridge under pass!! We've pulled over to wait to catch the red light.. Finally, we pulled out and lined up cutting off the traffic behind usl... We both had a good launch this time. My tires broke a little not sure if his did or not, I think so.... I've got him off the line and thur first but he's coming fast. I'm Shifthing out of second gear and his head light is still out my passenger window..fuck! Under the bridge we go both cars screaming!...I beat him by only a half a car length!! Not bad for his six, huh!

So, what does all this mean? Were going to the track.. yep, we're gonna race at the RAT FINK show in July at LACR! We'll both be tuning the cars and pullin out all the stops.. No overdrives!

Place your bets and stop by and help, cause were both gonna need it!

2. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hell Yeah!!! Flatheads fuckin' rule!!

3. Blaze

Blaze

Cool...can't wait for the outcome...
    Oh and after reading the original post...I relize I got pick a side...flatty all the way!

4. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

Six hands down- I hope he knows how to powershift that 3 on the tree [​IMG]

someone better tape it for those of us that can't be there-

5. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

It will be filmed!

6. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Sure you have enough film? ;)

The unedited version will be longer than The Passion.

7. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Is that the noise I heard on Olson going by my house at like 6:30? I thought it was a swarm of bees :)
    I'll be there for the for the REAL showdown for shure...I've got winner, hehehe

8. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

And after seeing that flyer you made, you need help. I'll be by later with my portfolio and we discuss some trades :)

9. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

That was us!! I ran into Herb later that night, wierd huh!

Yeah, I'm lame with computer art! Roll by.. I'll be sandin on the old ladies car tonight and sunday night!

10. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

YUP, thats pretty much how it went down. There will be a few changes before the race to my car. Im going to put my new cluth in (yes it was slipping dan, that means my tires were not spinning). My car was also falling on its face off the line and in shifts so im going to try my 2 x 1 maniflod and try to tune that to see if thats any better.

He did leave me off the line, his rear end gears are alot higher than mine and as I shift into second he is ready for third. I WILL take him in the quarter!

NO O.D.

11. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

HELL YEAH... I can't wait! No kids this time!!

12. Rusty

Rusty

SWEET cant wait to see some footage.

13. Sweet! Wish I could have been there for that one....2 flattys barking the streets.

You GOT to post the filmage of this match on the track. :)

14. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

1 flatty and that was the one barking.......

15. HorseshoeJohnny

HorseshoeJohnny

Sounds like fun.

Can't wait to see the footage

16. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

You guys act a little suprised!!! What the heck? :D

Clutch slipping....we've got a buddy that always "misses 3rd gear." I know the type!

Be sure to get it on a digital camera, so it can be downloaded......

Don't you let that flatty get beat! Ram them dar gears! If he passes ya, hit him in hind end........then call it drafting!

17. Thats freakin' cool! I'd say the Flathead will always have an edge over the six, but it is a great match up. Try to get some pics of any upcoming races!
    -Dean

18. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Its a real close race!!.. 1/2 a car length is nothinig if someone mis-shifts or something.. Plus We're at sea level and LACR is much higher, i can't remember how high though.. so will need to tune them carbs up right...

I bring my bro along to film the whole thing for ya'll..

oh and Travis.. GFY!

19. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

DAN, I WILL whoop your ass!

20. blown49

blown49
    Member Emeritus

Ahhhhh. Now wre're back to the trash talkin'. I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Aahhh yes....a match reminicent of the famed "bake off" between the two Ramblers at the '03 HAMB drags...my 63 flathead 6 [199 cu in] with a 3 speed and Tuck's 65 overhead 199 with an automatic....
    Tuck won....
    but I think he cheated....a stock 65 Nash shouldn't do this, should it?

22. Yes Rocky, but these dumbasses admitted pulling a FastnFurriousTM on city streets. At least have the sense to find a deserted road you wankers. Better yet, just do it on the dragstrip.

23. du$ty

du$ty

215 six all the way.had one in the t.it was stupid and fun.it lasted 50 years and then i murdered her.

24. flatshoebox

flatshoebox

Oh yeah, I had my kids in the car too.. and we park in handicap spots at the mall while were knockin old ladies over for fun.. Know where we raced before you open your fat mouth, Wanker!

25. bigticket

bigticket
    from Ithaca NE

Go,go, go, six in a row...them ol' V8's are runnin late...bigticket

26. draggin'GTO

draggin'GTO

Ought to be one hell of a race......

Just imagine those two cars breaking into the 'teens. :eek:

And shattering the 70 mile-per-hour barrier. :D

27. 390kid

390kid

hahahahaha! wanker? GFY. you guys cant even break the speed limit. too fast to furious indeed. what a dumb ass

28. D.W.

D.W.
    from Austin Tx.

For my $$$ the sixer.

29. 215slowpoke

215slowpoke

"Fast N Furious"? are you joking? Im not trying to start anything but there was noone around and you shouldnt say anything if you dont have a clue. Thank You

Im not trying to say this is the fifties or sixties or whatever but i seem to recall alot of people having grudge races on the streets. At least we did in when noone was around unlike the " Fast N Furious" as you say.