Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Group photos of cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gnichols, Sep 21, 2008.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Gang,
    Last weekend I took this photo of our club member's cars - the Tampa Knights - on a 25th Anniversary outing. This was my first crack at a group photo and despite pre-running the site with stakes, string, and a very tall ladder, the size of the display still overwhelmed me. It went well but, unlike the Blue Angels we had a few just a little out of formation and we had to drop a line of cars to stay in bounds. The club members love the photo so I suspect we will do it again next year and I'm looking for ideas on locations, layouts, camera angles, lenses, etc. I suppose I could have been a little more "artsy" with the location but with so many cars the old rr yard shots, the back alley shots, the abandoned ware house shots, the vintage gas station locations, etc seemed like they would be just too hard to pull off with 20+ cars. I used an old Sony 727 digital camera that does not have a very wide angle "normal" lens. I hope to have a new camera before next year! Let me know...
    Thanx, Gary

[​IMG]

2. Good job.
    The location and layout looks very nice.
    The only constructive criticism I can offer is, if you stagger the back row in between the row in front of it you might be able to see those cars better.

3. senior fried

senior fried

Well we have a line up ! A post Watsons -drive in line up .

Attached Files:

4. I think you did good... I didn't think there were that many 46-48 Ford's around here.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Gents, appreciate the comments. Fer sure, ifn we do it again in roughly the same design I'll be staggering the cars. And believe it or not, one of the 47 Fords was missing! Gary

6. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Guess what? They twisted my arm and made me do it again. Same place, different arrangement. But we screwed up and didn't time the shadows correctly, so we had to shoot it and get on the road. Believe it or not, this takes a tall perch and about an hour to arrange. Gary

Attached Files:

jnaki likes this.
  7. our club run up to the snow. bit of a crappy photo

[​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

8. NealinCA

NealinCA

Here a couple of group shots from the NHRP Fun Run this last spring...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...and my favorite...

[​IMG]

Neal

9. outlaw256

outlaw256

man i like them all! the first one i like alot.but yes the back row would have turned out better if they were staggered. but its still a great shot.and the last one the black and white. now thats good.!!!

10. RatRoy

RatRoy

The "Koolest Korner in Dewey Okla.:):)

Attached Files:

11. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Neal, I really like this barn shot... I think I should do some serious scouting before the next club photo. Any more than 10-12 cars gets to be difficult. I also like the lower shot with some of the cars pulling away. Gary

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Latest Tampa Knights club photo from yesterday... not a great turnout, unfortunately. Gary
    DSC00145aW8x10.jpg

13. firingorder1

firingorder1

Road runners 80th anniversary photo shoot at El Mirage.

[​IMG]

jnaki and gnichols like this.