Register now to get rid of these ads!

Grinding White wall Tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mx6262, Nov 28, 2013.

1. mx6262

mx6262

I was talking to a kustom guy in Charlotte NC he said he heard that a company "tire store" was grinding white walls, he didnt know who.

Anyone know of a place that is doing this in NC.

Thanks,

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. robber

robber

I personally don't know of a place in NC doing this. There have been several posts on this topic before. I have done it myself by placing the car on jack stands; running the car in reverse and then grind away (start with white letter tires). Its very time consuming, tedious and dirty. Wear a mask and be patient; don't try to achieve the results instantly, it takes time to have them turn out right. You can achieve a "poor mans" white wall without breaking the bank. If you have the money, I would recommend just buying "Cokers" or equivalent... robber

Attached Files:

4. Somebody

Somebody

No, but theres an old guy here in town that does it for $20 per tire. Just grind your own. I did the pair in my avatar and have $35 in them including buying the steelies from the junk yard. It's a PITA and takes forever but it's worth it. I figure I have $35 in a pair of steelies and wide whites and actually have a better quality tire than if I spent $400 for a pair of just tires and then another $100 and change each for steelies. Buying wide whites is fine if you're rich but us real people have to be creative.