Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Greybeard Show - Denver, CO 2012

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Groovybaby6, Nov 17, 2012.

1. KennyK

KennyK
    from Arvada CO

Good show.
    You guys have a lot of very cool stuff!
    Nice to meet you!

2. Deluxe 3 Window

Deluxe 3 Window
    from colorado

Hey I want to thank all of the guys that brought traditional cars down to the show. I think we have a nice group of cars in the Deluxe area. I have had alot of great comments on our area. Also thanks to Joe Haska (Greybeard promotions) for giving us a big corner space at the show.

3. R A Wrench

R A Wrench
    from Denver, Co

That big corner is my favorite part of the show. Lots of great rides all over the place but I spent the most time with the oldies. Thanks.

4. Gremlinguy

Gremlinguy

Great show today! Met some new friends and ran into some old ones. Allot better quality this year.

5. synchro7

synchro7
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I wish I could have made it. But, I'm up here in Anacortes, Wa. settling my little brothers estate. 42 years of cars and parts to take care of. We are bringing a 46 Plymouth business coupe back with us. Rare for Washington, very little rust. Stored indoors for the last 40 years.

6. It's been a great show so far. I finally had a chance to meet a few of you - thanks for stopping by my booth! I'll be posting up photos during the week after the show. The traditional hot rod group is nothing short of amazing! Best part of the show by far. There's a ton of history in that group, I just wish I had more time sneak away to check them out in more detail. One day left!

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

8. Lots more coming - I just need to get out of the show long enough to work on them a bit an post them up.

Let me know if you have anything special that your looking for.

9. the metalsurgeon

the metalsurgeon
    from Denver

last day guys....come on down,i think its been a great show.Thanks to all the hamb guys for stopping by!

10. Great to meet you Jon, some stunning work!

11. Some of my pics, apols on quality was taken on my phone and a two year old pulling me about!

[​IMG]

George Poteets 56 Chev - stunning!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loved this F100
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some nice bodywork on this Chev, was set up with a Nailhead
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. More
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now back to what Im really interested in... Gutted I couldnt get my Coupe and 33 PU done in time!

The Delux speed shop corner

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. 70kid

70kid
    from Denver

Some pictures I took with my crappy phone...

Attached Files:

14. teejay99

teejay99

I think I'm in love .

T

15. 70kid

70kid
    from Denver

What a great show!!! Thanks greybeard productions and all that brought their cars out!!
    I enjoyed seeing deluxe's rides to, absolutely spot on!!

Attached Files:

16. gotit

gotit

Did anyone see the econoline pickup? It has a sbc and they had valve covers made that said ford.

I got quite the kick about that one.

Maybe that will be the new trend

17. Landmule

Landmule

That was a great show. I spent most of my time in the Deluxe corner. The period type cars were just amazing! Amazing variety of cars and lots of good people. Thanks for a great day everyone.

18. Great show once again. Amazing craftmanship all around. Absolutely looking forward to next year.

19. Ok, better late than never. Here are a few from to hot rod corner (more on my Flickr site from rest of show):

[​IMG]
    Da-Rat Exterminators Truck & Boles Aero Travel Trailer - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe - 98D - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1932 Ford Roadster - White Top - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1932 Ford Roadster - White Top - Interior by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

[​IMG]
    1932 Ford 3 Window Coupe - 132B - 1 by Mike Rogers - Driven Imagery, on Flickr

Just getting into the De Luxe Speed Shop images. Will be posting more soon. Sorry it took so long to get to these.

20. colorado hotrod

colorado hotrod
    from Colorado

Thank you for the pictures Mike
    I enjoyed talking to you at your booth

Dennis

21. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I have pics of that SBC in ford clothing. I'll post thme someday maybe when i get off my butt

22. Dan Greenberg

Dan Greenberg
    from Parker, CO

Great pics Mike et al. I went this year, but hardly shot anything. I was a little worn out from TG to say the least

23. bonesy

bonesy

Great coverage - really some outstanding cars.

24. Erickson

Erickson

We went down to the show on sat night. The delux corner was really cool I really liked the way it was set up and allot of cool cars. I have to say that I was disappointed in the show overall. This was the first year that I have been to it since it was at the last location in the convention center so that is all I have to compare it to. It seems there were far less cars there than was at the other location. I did however like the traditional section allot better. I tried to talk my boss into having a booth there for the shop that I work for but the price for a spot apparently was not worth the price to him. My boss purchased a booth there the first year at the new location and said that it was allot more expensive than they were at the other location and he got less than half the space and on top of that the place was dead and didn't end up getting any business out of it so now he wont even go to the show period. I know it is a lot nicer venue and i am sure its allot more expensive to use compared to the convention center witch makes vendor spot prices go up. Its just disappointing. Not that anyone cares but that's my 2 cents.

25. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx for the photo show... sure saves on air fare! Gary

26. Thanks for sharing the photos with us. Great shots and it looks like a great show. thanks again.
    Later,
    Dick

27. Erickson - I know what you mean about the show. The current location in the Colorado Convention Center takes it upscale a few notches when compared with the previous location at the National Western complex. The old location is really falling apart and had cars scattered all over the place - cool if you have all day to take it in, but not so cool if you find you missed stuff that was hidden away. The new location is really pricey and they don't miss a beat, charging extra for every little thing possible, which unfortunately the promoter has to pass along to the vendors. I miss having the arena space downstairs at the previous location with all of the club cars and home built stuff. It was also kind of odd looking at showroom fresh new cars - just didn't seem to fit in. This year's show attendance seemed pretty light compared with the last few years. Hopefully it will improve in the future.

All - Thanks for the comments on the pics, much appreciated. If anyone is wondering where everyone is in my shots - they brought me in before the show was open to the public and I had 2 hours to shoot everything I could. Pretty fun until the lights turned off halfway through the allotted time. Still have hunderds of shots to go through. If there is anything you're looking for just let me know.