Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from the Golden State

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by SpecialJ, Nov 14, 2009.

1. SpecialJ

SpecialJ

Checking in from Barstow, CA "HUB" of the High Desert (Mojave).
    The wife says your not getting younger and you can't take it with you, so I built a garage and stuck a 1941 Ford Pickup in it.

My dad bought the truck for me back in 1972 and finally got around to giving it to me about 6 months ago. The truck is papered and legal but needs an engine, I'm thinking a V6 3L Vulcan (Ford Ranger engine) should be reliable and exotic if I decide to supercharge. Thoughts and/or direction appreciated.

2. madpole

madpole

hey SpecialJ. welcome to the HAMB. the v6 maybe a little too "exotic" for my tastes. would love to see something a little more traditional. glad to see another person join from the high desert. check out the high desert HAMBers social group if you get a chance.

3. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

hey SPECIALJ...welcome. a s.b.289or302 ford mill with automatic would fit in that old truck just fine. i'am just saying! those early models with dist. were gas savers too. either way you have 1 fine truck to start with. your new friend in texas. call me POP...or the old FART!

4. PegLegStrick

PegLegStrick

Welcome from Georgia

5. SpecialJ

SpecialJ

I'm back thanks for the welcome.
    POP, I was stationed at Carswell AFB 75'-77' and attended most of the swap meets within a 5 hour radius, The Pate Swap Meet was the best when it was out in the country "the good old days" sigh!!!!