Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from Tennessee

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by toomuchcountry, Feb 23, 2011.

1. toomuchcountry

toomuchcountry
    from Tennessee

Finally decided to move from lurker to participant. I've been following the Historic Stock Car Photos thread when it got up to around 40ish pages. I'm more a fan of old school racing vs being an old school hot rodder. However, for the record, my first car almost 30 years ago was a 1965 Dodge Dart with 150K miles on it given to me by my grandmother.

Darrell Waltrip is somewhat of a neighbor of mine. That means I live about 3 miles from him, but disappointingly he's never had me over for coffee.

I'm a fan of all things Richard Petty & Petty Enterprises. When not trying to uncover the next bit of "dang I didn't know that" trivia or photo, I'm out there promoting the self-created Schaefer Beer Racing Hall of Fame and Ring of Honor. We have 6 HOFers and about 25 or so ROH members who do our dead-level best to keep Schaefer Schelebrations alive.

I can be found at Racers Reunion, Historical Stock Car Racing Forum, on my own blog at Volunteer State Bench Racing.

The contributions I've seen here during my lurking times have been great. Believe me, I'll be respectful and will drop in occasionally to say thanks or to fill in an additional trivia nugget or two.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2011
  2. Great intro! Welcome from Des Moines, Iowa!

3. Welcome. I spent my first 12 yrs. in East Tennessee between Newport and Dandridge. I grew up watching dirt track racing at the old Tennessee-Carolina Speedway at the fairgrounds in Newport in the late 50's-early 60's. Enjoy your HAMBtime...Don.

4. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

5. Welcome to the H.A.M.B.

6. Nice intro.
    Welcome from Michigan.

7. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

welcome,,,, Heard that petty owned the car that won the daytona 500?

8. indybigjohn

indybigjohn
    Member Emeritus

Welcome. Thanks for the nice words about the Historic Stock Car Photos.

9. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Hey from Knoxville, and welcome