Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from Maine

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by LLWillysfan, Jan 8, 2011.

1. LLWillysfan

LLWillysfan
    from Maine

Hey everyone,

I've been lurkin on here for awhile and figure I better make myself known cause I'm gonna need some help.

Stop me if you've heard this before. I'm into cars and have done some cool projects. The garage has got a 68 Coronet RT , a 64 Buick Skylark convertable, a fiberglass bodied V8 CJ5 and -gasp!! - an original steel bodied '40 Willys Coupe. Some run, some don't.

Then the trouble hits. I get married. I start a business. Pretty soon I need money for a house, the business and all kinds of other stuff so I ..... you HAVE heard this story before..... sell everything off.

Flash forward 15 years. I'm still married, I've made a few bucks and I figure it's time to get started on that mid-life crisis. A ride in my father in laws chopped three window coupe is actually to blame but I prefer to think it was my idea.

So I clean out a couple bays in the garage and go get myself a project car. I'll wade back in later with details but suffice it to say, it's one hell of a mid life crisis.

I've been amazed at the knowledge represented on here, I've laughed my ass off and my view of the world is a little different too.

Lookin forward to gettin to know you guys. Thanks for doin this.

LLWillysfan

PS; I've got that search function thingy pretty much figured out and am going to try and avoid being Roman Forum entertainment for all you popcorn eaters.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  2. box50

box50

Hey Welcome from North Carolina:D

3. BIG-JIM

BIG-JIM
    from CT

DUDE NOW THAT'S AN INTRO! You should hold classes for all the "one sentence" FNG's out there. Welcome aboard me bucko.

Dam I was so looking forward to some pop corn too.:D

4. Hello and welcome aboard!

5. big bad john

big bad john

........Welcome from Wisconsin......enjoy the ride on the H.A.M.B......Big Bad John

6. oj

oj

Welcome to the HAMB from a displaced Mainor. Good news about that search function thing, bad news is that there are plenty of landmines to stomp on to start the popcorn machine.
    Bein' from Maine and with your hambname i wonder if you know Me.GasserGal? She and her husband have Pork Zartmans' Filthy Forty gasser? Do the search thing.
    Welcome again, oj

7. LLWillysfan

LLWillysfan
    from Maine

Thanks OJ,

I have met Larry and Wanda. They are great folks and have been very generous with their time and advice. When I was leaving their shop, they pulled a beautiful gasser style rear bumper that Larry fabricated off the wall and gave it to me. I was blown away.

Their car is not the original Filthy Forty. Larry built the car and they lettered it as a tribute to the original. Larry is an incredible craftsman and the car shows it.

I'm sure I'll find a few of those land mines but that's half the fun around here.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  8. Great intro.
    Welcome from Michigan

9. Welcome LL are Willys your no. 1 target?

10. Welcome from Connecticut

11. Marcia

Marcia

Welcome from the snowy coast. You'll get lots of help and advice here.

12. welcome from a relocated new-englander

13. Total Performance

Total Performance
    from Nor Cal

Welcome from Nor Cal and from the Cam Snappers Hot Rod Club of Capitola!

14. LLWillysfan

LLWillysfan
    from Maine

Hey Von Psycho,

I was lucky enough to own a steel coupe and made the mistake of selling it. It must be all the clean living cause I got a second chance although the value of my money seems to have somehow decreased since I sold my first one.

If you are interested, check out my home page for a few pics

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

15. ME.GASSER

ME.GASSER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

LLWILLYSFAN,
    Welcome to the hamb. It was great meeting you the day that you came to the house. You are going to have a great time on this site. Alot of information and alot of nice people. We're glad that your so happy with your bumper. If you need us for anything just call.
    Gasser Girl

16. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Hey...
    Just me... "Pontiac Slim" from de-creped outskirts of Mexico Maine say'n a big Welcome!!!
    Pontiac Slim... once a legend in his own mind

17. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool car,enjoy from conn.

18. LLWillysfan

LLWillysfan
    from Maine

Howdy Pontiac Slim

Nice to hear from a fellow Mainer. Then again what the hell do we have to do during these long cold winter nights than fool around with the computer.

Personally I'm counting on global warming.

19. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

LOL.. we
    A.. try warm
    B.. stay sane
    c.. lie a lot
    d.. tell war stories
    Where bouts are ya?
    Pontiac Slim... alive and semi well

20. LLWillysfan

LLWillysfan
    from Maine

I'm in Hallowell but don't hold that against me - my wife is from West Hallowell. Maybe we'll cross paths when the snow finally melts.

21. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

22. LLWillysfan

LLWillysfan
    from Maine

Great looking ride. I didn't make it down to Hebron this year. Ironically, my father in law's coupe that I mention in my post shows up about 1:21. You probably know Dick. If I make it down this year I'll make it a point to introduce myself. Take care til then.

23. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

The white one? Ya we went to the Sanford Dragway Reunion together if so...
    Had a vid of that too but tis someplace in cyber world
    Pontiac Slim

24. sassaquinn

sassaquinn

Welcome from Massachusetts

25. Gassy

Gassy
    from Tennessee

Welcome from TN.

26. KustomRocket88

KustomRocket88

Greetings from Maine as well! Originates from Oxford (very few kustoms....okay, no kustoms...), but the cars that are kustoms come from nearby cities. Great to see other "Mainers" on this site who understand and appreciate old school kustoms/rods/whatever.

27. LLWillysfan

LLWillysfan
    from Maine

Hey KustomRocket88,
    Thanks for sayin hello. Hope you are surviving our long Maine winter. Spring is right around the corner. Getting ready to put a deposit on my own Rocket. Gonna put a 394 in my Willys. Maybe we'll cross paths when the snow finally melts.