Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from Los Angeles - '50 Pontiac Streamliner Silver Streak 8

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by NoSloPo, Nov 4, 2019.

1. NoSloPo

NoSloPo

I'm Mike from Los Angeles, CA. and it's great to finally join this forum. The past year & a half I've been working on my '50 Pontiac and really struggling with the conflict in my head to take a pretty original car go full Hot-Rod!

The past 7-years or so I help a buddy of mine build '64-'67 Pontiac GTO's that we drag out to Barrett-Jackson in Scottsdale and sell. Reason I mention this irrelevant fact is because he has a nice fully built 400ci motor from a '67 that he wants to help install in my '50.

Now most people say it's crazy to pull a perfectly good running motor out of a classic car, but damn this would be a great power-plant for my ride. Yes, it opens the door to numerous other mods and purchases that would be necessary but I can live with that.

Fact is, this flathead straight-8 is cool looking in parking lots, runs smooth as hell but is pretty damn boring. Had some over heating problems that I think I worked out, however I do need to pull the cooling distribution tube and check it out.

That said, a 500+ HP V-8 would be a ton of fun! Hopefully I pick up some tidbit of knowledge here to help me decide whether or not to jump of the cliff!

Cheers,
    Mike