Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greetings from Boise, Idaho

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Four Banger, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Four Banger

Four Banger

Just another Newbie saying hello! I'm happy to be here, and look forward to sharing information, stories and photos with everyone. I have lurked here for a month or so, and all of you on this board have been a huge inspiration to me, as well as a wealth of knowledge. So much so, in fact, that you've gotten me off my ass and back into the garage to raise some hell again! See ya around the farm.

2. RichG

RichG

Welcome, and it really is a cool place, isn't it?

3. Lucky667

Lucky667
    from TX

Welcome to the HAMB from South Texas. What's in the garage?

Lucky667

4. Four Banger

Four Banger

At this point in time, I'm jumping between two projects. One is a 67 Morris Minor. I'm stalled on this one, because I haven't yet decided on a firm direction to take the project. While I'm being wishy-washy about it, I decided to built a "Spare Parts Special" drag car out of a bunch of old Pro Four circle track stuff I still have left over, and an old 63 Sprite that someone already started hacking up for a race car, years ago. Kinda thought I'd go for a late 50s/early 60s gasser look. My goal here is to be ultra low buck, and still have some fun just creating something from a lot of nothing. I suppose I'll get crucified by some folks on this board for using the parts I'm using, but I think it's all very much in the spirit of early hot rodding....picking up the stuff you can get, and making it into something fun and fast.

5. lexman24

lexman24

Go with the morris for sure. I have one and its a blast, deffinately gets the attention too. the second pick is not mine, but man does it look good.

Attached Files:

6. Four Banger

Four Banger

Oh, if only my Minor were a coupe, I'd already be on my way to gasser heaven! However, it's a convertible, one of only 53 imported in 67. So, I'm thinking either restoration, or mild custom with some dechroming and a lift off carson top. Till I sort out this struggle, I decided I'd take my mean little Pro Four Toyota 3TC engine, and toss it in my hacked up 63 Sprite. It'll both clear out some garage space, and give me some hands on fab time to "get me in the mood". Check out this link....scroll down to the bottom.

Minor Mania custom

7. Mark Lester

Mark Lester

Do I know you??? If not come visit some time!
    Mark Lester