Register now to get rid of these ads!

Greenie with a Red Ram

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 53PilotHouser, Sep 7, 2020.

1. Hey all,
    Just joined up after doing a lot of research here over the months and stealing a lot of great ideas and info...decided to join the group. Hope I can get some more good info on the baby Hemi (241) I just scored for my 53 Dodge Pilothouse pick up build I’m going to start after some 41 plus years of sitting around since I bought in from a junkyard in high school...yea don’t ask! Thanks to y’all in advance!

Unique Rustorations likes this.
  2. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Welcome and good luck on your build. My high school ride has been waiting about 35 years and I have one left to finish first as soon as the new shop is done. Enjoy your H.A.M.B. time. Regards, Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

53PilotHouser likes this.
  3. Thanks Randy!....at least you have a shop!! Anyway, now I don’t feel so alone...ha!

4. ol-nobull

ol-nobull

Hi and welcome. I was browsing some old parts sources this past weekend and as I recall www.butchescoolstuff.com had engine adapters and tranny crossmembers that should work for you if needed. Also got a lot of parts for my 50 Plymouth from both www.robertsmotorparts.com and from www.kanter.com and both have listings for that year pickup.
    Good luck, Jimmie

5. Thanks Jimmie...He said months later!! Yep, I've used Roberts and Kanter for collecting parts over time but now after the change in direction to restore-mod, they will probably go back up on the block for sale. I rebuilding the Red Ram now and in search of a couple Stromberg 97's to go on top of the Offy I think I'm going to pick up. Yes...I'm going down the Hot Rod rabbit hole slowly but surely...but it's fun! Running into a lotta great people now giving me some great info! MoparMall.com has done me good too!

6. Love these old trucks...I have fond memories of my dad and me riding around in one back in the day...glad you got it to be its next care taker...I am following this for sure...

MikeC

7. continentaljohn

continentaljohn

Welcome and Sounds like a cool project. I am a fan of the 241 or 270 redram engine and have been running on for years. Mine is a 1954 241ci adapted to a turbo 350 in a 1932 ford cabriolet.
    I ran a similar 3x2 setup but mine was a old edmunds base on the new offy and ran strong. I need up going with a 6x2 to play with more air/fuel power What trans are you going to run.