Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Green Grenade...........picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Aug 15, 2010.

1. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Muttley and his neighbor Hawkerdriver whom owns now the Green Grenade stopped by today. For those fans of this cool Hot Rod enjoy and post some photos if you have them.

[​IMG]

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

3. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

4. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

5. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

6. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

8. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

That car is all business! Maybe someday I'll see it in person, I hope...

9. Great to see the "Green Grenade" again. Haven't see many pics of it since it left Kentucky. I saw that is was for sale again in the classifieds. Any how here are some old ones.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Dave50

Dave50

I love this car if i had the money i would buy it, Id have any pics oof it here at home but i will had some tommorrow at work if i get time wonder what he would want without the motor

11. Labold

Labold

I loved that car and always knew I would regret selling it one day but my family outgrew it. Hell, I alone felt too big for it :D
    If I close my eyes and think of a hot rod, the Green Grenade immediately pops in. iIt was already well known when I got it and I guess that was part of the reason I bought it. Wish I could take some credit for the build but I can't, that alone goes to Loudpedal. I was just a driver. It still amazes me how many people know the car and bring it up.
    Some cars are just right and to me, the Grenade is definately right on.
    I'll dig up some old photos to add to the thread.
    Enjoy the Grenade Hawkerdriver, it's a bitchin car!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  12. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

hell. yes. what a true piece of art. please keep the pics coming, i've been a fan of this car since i first laid eyes on it.

also, forgive my ignorance but, it was originally a mr. ford's car, is that right? what were the circumstances that led up to it's being sold? if he built it, what is he working on NOW? again, sorry if this is common knowledge, i've always been a fan of this car, but i guess i never knew the details. i think this car could potentially be one of those iconic rods that people talk about forever. maybe we could all benefit from learning it's history up to this point?

13. freebird101

freebird101

that is a perfect coupe. The stance, the motor the everything on that car is perfect.

14. BISHOP

BISHOP

I think alot of people will disagree with me, but.......... that car deserves some nice paint. I know it wouldnt be the Green Grenade with paint, but it would be a better looking car. Regardless, its got the look.

15. loudpedal

loudpedal
    from SLC Utah

I've got a few:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I agree with Bishop. I always wanted to paint it. It was going to be dark red with the green grenade lettered in the same color as the firewall and wheels. I still hate the firewall. I wish I'd changed it so it was more stock appearing.

16. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

I would cover the dynamat first.

17. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

18. synthsis

synthsis

I remember when that car was originally for sale and it was VERY reasonably priced. I was too new to the scene to get into something like that but I always think back on how it was priced and it was in my range.

19. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Royal, thanks for the pics! I saw that Hawker bought it, and was waiting for it's arrival. Good to see it in Fresno, very iconic, and awesome car.

20. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Whoa, I had no idea it had a quickie out back. I've always loved this car and just how raw and nasty it looks. I can't imagine driving it on a the streets with that heavy of a chop but love that it's got it and others can drive it.

That Hemi is exactly what I hope my engine looks like with it's all said and done. So rad!

21. '46SuperDeluxe

'46SuperDeluxe
    from Clovis, CA

Yeah Royal, Thanks for posting the pics and getting the thread started. Waita"minit"...you mean to tell me that this car is tooling around CLOVIS and I haven't seen it! I gotta get out more! Awesome ride...gotta check it out in person. Regards, Gary ;-)#

22. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Haha, Clovis/Fresno, same thing just different color street signs :eek::D

23. glassguy

glassguy

wow.. just today i was lookin at the thread with bass's coupe, and thought to myself whatever happened to the green grenade, and here it is!!! "uncanny" (sp)

24. YoungGun

YoungGun

Very nice car

25. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I had never seen it in person until today.....100% Hot Rod.

26. Badass hotrod.

27. ModelAPunk

ModelAPunk
    from Buffalo NY

Agreed. Killer Car.

28. hellonwheels

hellonwheels

My favorite pic of one of my favorite Model A's:

[​IMG]

This car just screams MEAN:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

29. Agree on the killer, badass, rod look...

What type/brand of tires are on the front of it?

30. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

Its not a bad idea......tell ya what- im open to suggestion. For fun i'd like to see some different paint ideas for the Grenade. Hell, I just might paint it if its a cool enough.
    Why not (for sh*ts and grins) have a contest to see what we Hambers can come up with-

Here's a side profile if anyone wants to make an outline and give it a whirl.

[​IMG]

Come up with something wild and post it back in here. Who knows- i might keep it the way it is (most likely) OR put an idea posted in here and paint the car.

Hawkerdriver