Register now to get rid of these ads!

Great place for breakfast/lunch on ther way to the track...

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by MoKanMan's Son, Aug 16, 2007.

1. MoKanMan's Son

MoKanMan's Son

There's a little diner in Asbury named Stewart's Cafe that is great place for breakfast or lunch. The open early (I'm never up early enough to know when) and serve breakfast until 11 am, then lunch from 11 am to 2 pm. They offer your usual diner stuff plus some great brisket, pulled pork and ribs.

2. Rodshop

Rodshop

That is a good tip- I love a little diner or cafe. Any tips on something in Joplin that is not a chain restaurant? Rodshop

3. MoKanMan's Son

MoKanMan's Son

There's a nice place east of Main on 4th called the Red Onion, here's the web site. They also own a place at 26th and Rangline, just north of the Ramada on Rangeline called Bella Peppers that serves Italian, web site. For Mexican my wife and I like El Vaquero, it's at about 25th and Main.

There are lot's of good locally owned resturants in and around Joplin. I'm sure someone else local can name off there favorites...

4. Rodshop

Rodshop

Great- any breakfast places? Rodshop

5. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Pizza by Stout- Not far from the motel has great Pizza and every kind of beer.

Fred and Reds on Main close to 15th, but they are usually closed most of the month in August for vacation. Best spaghetti red and tamales around.

The truck stops (any of them) is what I've always heard for breakfast, but someone that lives closer than I could probably do ya one better. There is also a cafe on main between 7th and 15th that used to have great breakfast (Aggies is what we called it-she was the cook), but I'm not sure if it is still open or not (Anyone know if it is?)

MissyD
    (wife and secretary)