Register now to get rid of these ads!

GREAT NEWS FOR ME (little OT)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Fraz, Feb 24, 2004.

1. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Ok, maybe a lot off topic, but I can make up for it. I have known my best friend Mindy for half my life. We became friends in high school. She and I have been through tons of stuff together, both good and bad. The newest issue being leaving her ex-boyfriend and moving into her own place. I helped her do just that this weekend. I also admitted to her that I loved her, and she admitted she loved me. She wanted to take the new relationship slow. That lasted approx 22 hours. I told her on Sunday morning, and on Monday morning I asked her to marry me. She accepted.

My response of course was : [​IMG] [​IMG] YEAH!!!

Needless to say, I'm friggin ecstatic. It's been difficult to type this cuz I'm shaking with joy and hitting the wrong letters. Screw cloud nine, I am on cloud nine million. I'm telling everybody, including you perfectly good strangers on here. [​IMG]

Now to get sorta kinda on topic. The weekend also provided much neck snapping and "wuhwuzat?"'s. I found more older tin than I've seen in quite a while. It was everywhere. Just the stuff I could recognize was crazy. A late 50's Ramber wagon, TWO, yes TWO 57 cadillac 2dr HT's. A 60 Comet 2dr HT and a convertible. 61-63 T-bird. Lots of older 40's tin I couldn't recognize. Will be bringing a digital camera next trip to see her for sure.

We have planned the wedding for the weekend after the HAMB drags, because we wish to honor our grandmothers who've passed on.

Just thought I'd share. Others have done it, I guess it's my turn. [​IMG]

2. injectedA

injectedA

Congrats Fraz.

Does she cook? Turn a wrench? These are some hard questions your going to have to get answers to before....

3. I hope it works out well for both of you.

4. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Cooks, cleans, kicks ass. I can vouch for all 3, the last one several times. [​IMG]

The wrenchin part I can learn her.

5. Elrod

Elrod

Congrats dude! Just hope that the Ex-Boyfriend doesn't find out that you proposed to her the day she left him, and she said yes, or he's going to start thinking that you and her were an item before they broke up.

Then you might get a fist full!

6. C. Montgomery

C. Montgomery

7. Great news Fraz...I wish you and your bride all the very best and my the road ahead have few speed bumbs!!

8. burndup

burndup
    from Norco, CA

DANGER WILL ROBINSON....

You saw "In the Bedroom," right? Down git you head blown off, broads with estranged ex's will gitcha killed!

9. Fraz,
    I'm not perfect or good, but you'll probably never meet anyone stranger than me. [​IMG]
    Congrats friend. Bring her to the drags and show her off.
    The PknBner [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. Congrats man...

I moved 6000 miles in November 2002 to come live with my gal Ginger here in sunny CA.

We had never actually met up till that day...we got married in March 2003 & every day it just gets better & better. Just go with what your heart tells you is right....you won't go too far wrong.

Good luck to you & your girl.

[​IMG]

11. autocol

autocol

[ QUOTE ]
    my best friend

[/ QUOTE ]

which is SOOO much more important than "the girl with the fittest arse i've ever seen..."

good on ya mate.

12. Great news, heck, get married at the Drags. I'm trying(not very successfully) to convince my girlfriend that we should get married at MOKAN. I figured the best man and maid of honor could each make a pass at the same time, different lanes of course. Then we could blast down the strip, different lanes and then get hitched down at the end of the strip. I don't think her's or my family would be up for it much though. Oh well, once again, congrats on the pending nuptials.

Farmall

13. Donzie

Donzie

Well, good for you Fraz..you SHOULD get married. Why should YOU be any happier than the rest of us! [​IMG]
    No seriously, I love my wife...and for 20 bucks you can too. [​IMG]

14. atch

atch

way cool doooood. all my best...

15. Toqwik

Toqwik

Congrats... All the luck

16. dondanno

dondanno

Nice.Congrats. I married my best friend its really cool...Danny

17. TheDooWopKid13

TheDooWopKid13

18. voneyeball

voneyeball
    Alliance Vendor

congratulations on finding the tin... kidding will, congrats man. shoot me an email sometime, would ya?