Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Great New Custom Car Magazine!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Trend Books-Justin, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Traditional Kustoms Magazine!

If you love traditionally styled custom cars (and you must if you’re here) that look like they could have driven straight out of the 1940s, 1950s, or 1960s, then this is something that will really interest you.

This wonderful new bi-monthly magazine is now on it’s 2nd issue. It’s in the same “digest size” as the magazines of the 1950s and early 1960s, and is printed in the USA in full color on high quality paper. It’s not sold on newsstands, but is available by subscription via their website, and single copies of the 1st issue are available there as well. Traditional Kustoms Magazine showcases car features, event features, historical articles, and more.

In the past several years, 2 long time magazines that catered to the custom car world (Custom Rodder and Rod & Custom) have ceased publication. It’s important to have good quality magazines out there to supplement what we can see on the internet, and vice-versa.

So everybody who loves custom cars, let’s support not only Traditional Kustoms Magazine, but also the excellent Kustoms Illustrated as well, to insure that we will have access to our favorite style of cars in print for a long time to come.

On another note, nobody asked me to post this and I’m not affiliated with either of these publications. I just like what they do and want to spread the word.

Take a look at: www.traditionalkustoms.com

Trad Kust 1....png
    Trad Kust 2.png
    Trad Kust 3.png

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
    41 mopar and hacknwhack like this.
  2. ...And you shouold also check out Justin's books on custom cars. I have two that he sent me and they are spot on.Same size as the old Custom Car Annuals.I believe he is working on another one as we speak. By the way Justin;I did get your letter and am looking forward to your visit to our fair state.Sorry I haven't responded but i've been quite busy lately.Let me know when you're coming and I will try and arrange some garage visits.

3. Well, I'm gonna judge these books by their covers. They look good.

4. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

It IS a good one! Started by John Maurice, who began building a clone of the Kopper Kart in ME, and is currently building a Square Bird custom. No stranger to the real work it takes to build a leadsled.
    Get a subscription and support a mag that features CUSTOMS!

straykatkustoms likes this.
  5. spinner

spinner

any magazine that the 1st issue comes in a gold cover you know it's going to be great and it is

straykatkustoms likes this.
  6. Very cool and thanks for posting. Rod and Custom was my favorite mag and now that its done with i find myself needing a replacement. Thank god for the inter web and the Rodders Journal to give me my fill, but this mag seems like a good alternative as well.

7. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

John has done a great job! Kool to have another Kustom Magazine to read. Like the rest of the kustom guys,
    we've been going through withdrawals to long.

8. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

I subscribed, I dig it! Not the same old same old on the news stand. Also, no junk at all.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I subscribed the first day I saw info on the magazine and agree with Kensey, it's a great little traditional custom car magazine with no junk in it.

10. TraditionalKustoms

TraditionalKustoms

Wow, thanks for all the kind words guys! We're always aiming to improve as we go.

-John

spinner likes this.
  11. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

i'll have to pick one of these up

12. Just subscribed - very cool they are producing this magazine focusing on period customs. Look forward to seeing it on paper!

13. Ordered #1 and subscribed.....Kustoms Rule!

14. _justakid_

_justakid_

Awesome great work keep it up

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. X2-MIKE:cool::D

16. I subscribed, looking forward to receiving my first issue!

17. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

18. mikhett

mikhett
    from jackson nj

just placed order!

19. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

20. Alliance vendor?
    Subscribed!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  21. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

Subscribed. I dig it!

22. TraditionalKustoms

TraditionalKustoms

Thanks for the good vibes everyone - much appreciated!

@cool57 - we'll be reaching out to Ryan very soon about becoming an Alliance Vendor.

cool57 and Max Gearhead like this.
  23. greaser 35

greaser 35
    from FRANCE

Subscribed,i like it!!!

24. Got my premier and first subscription issues today. Nice packaging, great looking magazine. Thanks.-MIKE:cool:

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  25. Just got mine too! The premier and the 2nd issue were in my mail box this afternoon:cool:. I like the size format, great content, nice printing, definitely worthwhile! Oh, and no ads except for the mag itself, gotta love that. We all need to support this and make it work!

26. Damn.....hope I see mine that quick

27. Looking forward to seeing mine!

28. hudson48

hudson48

Just ordered #1 and a subscription for a year. Looking forward to seeing my first issues.