Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Great depression homemade trucks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 56cadillackid, Jul 9, 2019.

1. utahdodge

utahdodge

[​IMG]

This is my 1916 Hudson Super Six that was cut down into a truck in the 30’s the family bought it new in ‘16. They bought a new dodge sedan in ‘32 and cut down the touring car to use the truck on the farm. Still running and driving.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

2. chrisp

chrisp

I have the title of a Delaunay Belleville titled as a truck, for those of you who don't know this French brand, they are known as the cars of the tsars and were playing in the same field as Rolls-Royce.
    Probably got cut down during WWII for gas.

3. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Except that was a factory built Oldsmobile truck. One just like it went at auction a few weeks ago in my neck of the woods

4. topher5150

topher5150

I figured it was a touring car they hillbilly engineered.....see what i did there

5. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Ha ha, Jethro!

6. Dwardo

Dwardo

Interestingly enough, the car/truck used in the movie "Grapes of Wrath" was a Hudson. That car still exists.

7. Doublepumper

Doublepumper

Interesting front wheel rims on the front of that Hudson.

8. noboD

noboD

They look like they are on inside out.

9. utahdodge

utahdodge

The wood spoke rims gave out on the old guy years ago so he put those tractor/implement rims on it. I am tracking down wood or wire spoked rims or would even do period solid metal rims if I could find some that would work.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. 28sc

28sc

noboD
    b%U1Yx6TTnSYrWkoKcdArA.jpg , Thanks. I could see the front of the Dodge when I got into the building but was not able to really see the TT part until I was towing it out of the mess

11. noboD

noboD

Please post a picture of the linkage for the doors. DBs didn't have outside door handles at this time so Rex had to improvise.

12. 28sc

28sc

Sorry for the delay. I was not reading the site the last couple of days. Here are a couple of pictures of the linkage.

Attached Files:

13. noboD

noboD

Thanks, I hope the others following this can appreciate the engineering they went through so you could open the door.