Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Gray colored Hot Rods

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hd1084, Nov 22, 2014.

1. v8coupe

v8coupe

Im really liking this colour. Ive searched Folkstone grey, and nothing comes close (enough). Any more info on it would be good.

2. Not sure what your "nothing comes close" means but there are quite a few examples scattered throughout the HAMB. You might also search spelling differently, e.g. gray.
    Also the comment about light affecting perceived tone is important for just about any color. I'm a sucker for Folkstone grey and have painted my '32 sedan project in that color as well.
    PB050007a.JPG

3. v8coupe

v8coupe

Thanks for the extra pic - nice sedan.
    When I searched Folkstone grey/gray lots of pics came up, but a lot looked very "grey" as opposed to your photo(s), which I would like to replicate - I guess though as you say its an important point about light affecting the perceived tone.

4. To give you a bit more help, the paint I used on the '32 I got from TCP Global. The '39 sedan, lord only knows as it was painted many moons ago.

To give you a variation, here's a pic of the '32 inside under 6000k led lights. PB050016a.JPG

shortypu and v8coupe like this.