Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

No luck finding a less ugly windshield frame yet? Where all the OGs hiding?

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

paintslinger805 and loudbang like this.
  2. Nope not yet. One day well I did find a guy that has them but for 1100 clams. To much for this poor whiteboy.

loudbang likes this.
  3. image.jpg image.jpg She sure has came along way in a short period. Two weeks until grandpa and I will be leaving them in the dust... Drag racing.

4. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Congrats to “Elmer n You”!
    Not that I’ll be there for that, but it’ll be a great day for y’all.....
    I’m proud to have witnessed it go from an idea to dream realized.
    El Mirage 1947?????? 3FCB4065-8526-4B0C-8C6C-ED96772CAA25.jpeg
    B11982DD-EBAC-49BE-A756-FE587D43F211.png
    Nope!, El Mirage 2017!!!!!!
    70 years later. The PRC Spirit is still in El Mer-age!!!!!! ;).

5. Bruce, I just wanted to wish you luck at the RPM Nationals this weekend!!! Go out there and kick some ass......Sure wish I was there. While you are there stop by Hop Up's booth and pick up the latest issue as my 3 window is featured in it.....
    GOOD LUCK!!!!

6. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Had a blast with the family and grandpa got to watch me win!! Win first round the the battery quit on me so I got a by the second round and could not find a battery so better luck next time. Still unreal from start of build to have my grandpa watch me race just like he did....

7. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

Love the pictures man!!!

Sent from my SM-G550T using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

8. Hopup rpm nationals put on a great show.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

And... ?

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

10. And I will send out those top secret parts out this week. Had to look for that magic fan.....

loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  11. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I was talking about things like, you'll be at the RPM nats next time to clean house?

paintslinger805 likes this.
  12. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Wish that I’d been there, :(.
    I’d had a 6v optima all charged up & ready to go for ya!!!!!!
    Great going!!!!!!!! It looked great out on the strip!!!!!!!
    Did anybody else get any pix??????

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    loudbang and paintslinger805 like this.
  13. image.jpg image.jpg
    Yep as soon as I find a vertex mag drive and get rid of the stupid distributor.
    This happens Friday and dale and I were back and forth on the phone all day we rebuilt another distributor I had over the phone. He spun one up and I set it all up put it in the car and it fired up. It was a fun day yesterday. Thanks for all your help bored&stroked. Next time for sure I will be putting the smack down.

14. Hey Bruce - was fun working with you, getting TDC setup, "rebuilding a distributor" via the phone and living vicariously through your efforts. I just might have to beg you to allow me to be in your "Pit Crew" next year - do some tuning before hand and see what we can do. Hell - might even bring some "parts" with me (3 carb setup, etc). We'll make sure you have a solid ignition for next time - once you have a magneto or a blower, you'll never want to be without either of them again! LOL

15. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Wow those holes are black! It must have been running poorly.

paintslinger805 likes this.
  16. That's just all the nasa engineered coating I put on the pistons valves and valve surface.

loudbang and chryslerfan55 like this.
  17. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Kinda like carbon fibre eh? Lol

loudbang and Runnin shine like this.
  18. Hell yes dale. Between me and you we know what's in store for the hypersonic special. Everyone sees carbon and we see horsepower. LoL still got me a win at the drags with all that carbon...

19. I did see a few Hamb guys there and only 2 with cars to run. Same ol story. I did get to meet the ardun kings son. That was awesome. Lots of flathead "experts here" and I watch a banger beat the hell out of BLOWEN v8s so that ol saying. Put your money where you mouth is... No it's put your money into building a real fu@$ing hotrod and keep your mouth shut and learn everyday. And that's what we did dale and still learning all of her little tickle spots so she will get happy happ happy. Just alittle more tinkering and next time we will run em all down.

20. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I wasn't picking your ass. I was just curious.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  21. Hey Bruce! Was awesome meeting you! The car looked amazing, we definitely need to meet up sometime and take more pictures! Here's a few that I snagged.

Attached Files:

22. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great shots the b&w looks like way back...Hey @paintslinger805 glad your pounding pavement...

Hey @Retson the Racer whats that wild looking thing behind Slingers Hotrod?

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  23. Thanks! I honestly can't remember, from the looks of it, I'm guessing a flathead powered Lakester

24. Lots of idling in the driveway and not running it hard - pretty much guarantees you see a lot of carbon. Also, this engine is very new and probably not yet broken in all the way. Then there is that weak ignition . . . the list goes on!

chryslerfan55 and loudbang like this.
  25. Bruce, So DAM COOL that you and Elmer plus family made it out to the RPM Nationals...Looks like you had a good time even with the problems. Sure would have loved to have been there to help you get her back on the strip.
    Looks like Hop Up has a big hit on there hands with this event. Lot's of very cool real hot rods showed up for this first time event.
    Take care bud.....

26. So-cal Tex

So-cal Tex

Bruce, did you get any more pictures of the event? I missed it but at least got the brakes done on my coupe so I am getting closer to our grudge match against my little 276 " Street" flathead.

27. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

I figured the ignition problems were likely the cause. Never thought of idle time or lack of break in. Stands to reason though.

28. Any time just hit me up

chryslerfan55 likes this.