Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Great News! Getting ready to fire that thing!!

paintslinger805 likes this.
  2. Yep I should be hearing that sweet flatty sound here by tuesday. I have a few small other things to finish up before I put the motor in the car. The trans mount I have to fix.

greaser likes this.
  3. I was hoping that I could help out with something......on this bad ass hot rod to get it going.
    See ya in a few days....

4. image.jpg image.jpg Trog is in town. I let bobby and his boys take up some drive way space till they come back in a few days to set up for the races. My wife just came home and said what the f@$& did you buy now!!! I said it was the deal of a life time. She said we'll take it all back.:D Then I told her it is all for trog. She said I can keep the ice cream as long as I go make money:eek: With it.

5. Now that is cool......Free Ice Cream for all.....

6. Can't make any money if it's free.:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. I'm sitting here doing the, did I do this, did I double check that before I put the motor in tomorrow. Had to make a cocktail to calm my thoughts. Happy happy tomorrow.

8. Happy happy tomorrow is here at long last....Big day for you & Hypersonic!

9. image.jpg If you can read this flip me over.:DGot a few more small things to do real quick. I should have the motor in the car here about 2.p.m. I have to make a run 30 mins. South to pick up a starter and gen. That's is ready to go. I now don't have time to mess with the old parts I have. And a correct 32 drag link since mine is 34. Is about 3" short. I will report back this afternoon with more pics.

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and volvobrynk like this.
  10. I can hardly wait. this is gonna be GOOOOD!

11. image.jpg image.jpg Well out of all the flatty crank pullys out there I could not find one. Two of my other 59a motors ran water pumps in the back of a truck. So I had to take a pully and turn it in the lathe so I'm still hustling.

Stogy likes this.
  12. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

13. Wyatt, I am sure they will be things for me to do to help him get this cool hot rod ready for Elmer to enjoy.....and enjoy I am sure he will be in hog heaven on that first ride.
    Rubberodder is already grrrrrrrreat!

14. graveyardsledder

graveyardsledder

Damnit! Motor looks great. Go man go!!! I'm rootin for ya all the way over here in good ole NC.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

15. waxhead

waxhead
    from West Oz

Motor looks nice, you're nearly there. Looking forward to the next update.

16. Well as I sit here watching local news they are saying we are in for some rain this weekend. Trog might get real interesting if so. Dennis last weekend it was in the 90s and this weekend they are saying 60s. Bring some warm clothes;)

17. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

18. dumprat

dumprat
    from b.c.

Second hand Vancouver island rain.....

19. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Yup,weather says rain. IMG_7753.PNG IMG_7751.PNG
    Was going to make that run on Sunday, glad everything got up there. Thanks for storing it.;).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 11, 2016
  20. DAM! Now I have to repack.......

21. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SONOFABITCH ! ! ! AS I read this tears form in my slanted eyes. We just arrived in Tucson an hour ago. If we have to buy heavier stuff than we brought, that' OK. Rain or shine, this is going to be a great get together. Hopefully, your weather geeks are as nuts as ours. Man, i just hope my visiting didn't bring bad luck. I am anxious to meet all you fellow HAMBers, Grandpaw, and Doc. See y'all in two days. Next stop is Ventura, then PISMO. P.S. It's Hell to have a bad back. Gary and Joyce

22. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Be safe in your travels, yes, I hope that they're wrong....;).

23. Katuna

Katuna
    from Clovis,Ca.

Don't worry, it's California. That weather forecast will change 20 times before this time tomorrow. They just want us Californians to think it may actually rain when in fact we'll be doing good to get enough sprinkles to mess up your dirty car windshield.

Saying all that, it shall now pour.

24. image.jpg I guess you can say iv had a few late nights Wyatt. But worth the reward. Talked to grandpa today about the rain and he said well then let it as the show must go in. Trog is rain or shine. So either way it's on like donkey con. I love the tease. The oh factor will be tomorrow I promise I just want it to be right for the hole world to see.

25. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

What the Junk Bruce! It took me only minutes to remove the ears from my water pumps maybe a half hour tops to make two presentable. I know your pressed for time but common. You yourself no how lame the side mounts style look.

26. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Bruce,
    The engine looks great!!!!!!!!

27. Where do you think I'm gonna mount my headlights.:D

28. image.jpg Almost ready for trog.....

volvobrynk, v-v, 63fdsnr and 6 others like this.
  29. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Looks incredible!!!