Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Grandpas el mirage roadster recreation p.r.c

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by paintslinger805, Mar 13, 2016.

1. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

[​IMG]

Hunt down Danny (hotrodpro) on here, he'll set you up with one. I got sick of topping up the rear end and leaving a calling card wherever I parked.

2. thommoina33

thommoina33
    Alliance Member
    from australia
    Staff Member

This is mine, pretty standard trad '40s style hiboy, the problem of loosing oil comes from the rubber rake, and mines not that bad, 750's on back and 600's on front.
    [​IMG]

3. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Danny is all over the Dennis Lacey thread. Dennis put one of'm on his pick up and covers installation. It's funny cause he doesn't get it right at first and gets a little upset and posts before getting a handle on it.

4. Thanks greaser, it's a fun build so I was just gonna do a pictures and history type thread but then I figured I should show what I'm doing as well. Hopefully some of the stuff I'm doing will help out somebody that's not sure how to do some of this stuff. Hopefully younger kids can look through all of are hamb threads and say hell I can do that. Get them inspired. Iv been working on cars since I was a little kid so for me this is like I'm finely hitting the peak if the mountain. Iv always wanted a true hotrod.

Egor, volvobrynk and greaser like this.
  5. That's one cool hotrod I love the white walls.

Jeff34 and volvobrynk like this.
  6. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg So I'm now making a spacer/spring for the bottom of the rear spring. Since it's reversed eye and I only have 9 leafs the bolts and blocks won't tighten up the spring into the perch and I don't want to use those crappy blocks I bought that were made in china. I have a good set of originals so with the spacer I will be able to use all original parts. The spring I'm cutting up to make the spacer came off a ford so ha ha. I will bolt the spacer on the bottom of the spring pack. Almost done so by end of day I will post the money shot pics.

Jeff34 and volvobrynk like this.
  7. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Almost done. After I get the spring pack tight I will clamp the hell out of it to put the bolt in it.

Jeff34 and Runnin shine like this.
  8. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg The modest beginnings start from a single blow of the horn man!!!!!

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

10. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Bruce! You have a OG 32 ford Roadster! Pinch yourself man!

bengeltiger and paintslinger805 like this.
  11. image.jpg Found a bullet hole in the inside of the trunk lid and also found a bullet cleaning the inside of the lid out. I'm now wondering if there's some bondo'ed up holes all over the top of the lid. Hey Wyatt I pinched it till it turned blue.:oops:

12. image.jpg image.jpg Got lucky and the rumble bolts were on the car to attach the rumble lid and I also found the latch hiding up in side of the deck lid for the handle. Just need a 32 trunk handle now fellas.... Hint hint I need a trunk handle so go out in your stash grab one and sell it to me please pretty please. I don't want to have a cheap repo handle got to have a real 32 one.

volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  13. image.jpg It just keeps getting better and better. Latch works like a dream...

bengeltiger, volvobrynk and 3wLarry like this.
  14. image.jpg Looks like I'm gonna have to bust ass on this body and get it in the ol lacquer gray primer. It's got to many colors on it. That's it for today time to clean up and din din...

15. Hot Rod 50

Hot Rod 50

16. image.jpg Oh one more for y'all to lick your lips on.

17. Lick your lips on ? Sheez ....... yeh', probableeee'. <Burp> :D

volvobrynk likes this.
  18. Can't wait to see this in person...Starting our trip your way tomorrow.....

paintslinger805 likes this.
  19. Right on Dennis have a good safe trip see you Friday. Take lots of pictures.

20. Cyclone Kevin

Cyclone Kevin
    Alliance Vendor

Well, you're well on your way to achieving your goal for Elmer.

I'm working in doing the same for "Doc". I'll just say that I'm extremely stoked for you!!!!!! Hopefully we'll have em side by side in the near future.

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This thread got it all; style, era perfect, old photos, good story's, progress, memories and some damn nice pictures,.

22. Thanks Volvo. I'm trying to make it interesting. I just got to keep on keeping on life's a garden dig it!!! image.jpg Im now wondering just how low his car was I wish I knew his tire size. I'm hoping next weekend in pomona he will start to remember even more when he is sitting it this car at the Lars. As he sits they looking at it I'm sure stuff will pop back up in his mind. It will also be the first time he has seen the body/car put together. That's gonna be fun to see his reaction..

63fdsnr, volvobrynk and kidcampbell71 like this.
  23. Bruce, I am thinking this will be a great time when he sits in the roadster....I can just see the wheels spinning in his mind going back to the old days. You are so lucky to still have him around.....enjoy every bit of the time you spend with him as I am sure you do.
    See ya Friday. (If I make it in the new ride) keeping my fingers crossed on this end as I am setting here waiting for Ken to arrive and then we will head off west.

paintslinger805 likes this.
  24. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg Dennis the hotrod gods will guide you on your journey to the Wild West. Here's a couple more pictures in case you already forgot what she looks like.:D:D:D

25. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Dig out a milk crate, cut it down several inches, steal a throw pillow from the living room, and give us a new mean mug shot. I know you been sitting it there.

26. Lol how'ed ya know. Iv already drove up the coast and back. That will be tomorrow. Just cleaning up my garage today now that I finely got it out of it. My stuff is a mess parts every where. Looking for tools I know I have. I'm gonna pull the seat out of my 27 chevy 3w coupe and see how it fits for now.

27. image.jpg image.jpg Just messing around but I love the looks with the hood.

28. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Ugh daugh...
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465701480.779088.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1465701510.472058.jpg
    Nuff said...

exterminator and volvobrynk like this.