Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Grandpa's 1927 Model T ADVENTURE

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuckeyeBuicks, Apr 3, 2020.

1. BuckeyeBuicks

BuckeyeBuicks
    from ohio

I was looking through an old picture album of my late Mothers today and I found an old post card that I had never seen before. It was from her Dad sent from Colorado in 1927. I had heard of the trip he and two other men had taken in a Model T to see some country while their tile plant here in Ohio was shut down for a month. The card told of how they were getting along, sleeping in a tent and cooking on an open fire, the day before they had shot a small deer for supper. He bragged that the Ford car was doing good with few small repairs other than tires.
    Grandpa died in 1971 and I had talked to him about the trip a little but now I wish I had got more details. I am bring this up to remind every one to take the time to sit down with the older folks and ask about the days when they were younger, it will be time well spent!

P.S. Hell, come to think of it I am one of the older guys now so I better make sure to get some young whippersnappers together for a bullshit and beer night, soon as we get an all clear of the virus!

brEad, 1932tub and Jalopy Joker like this.
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

^^^ Good story - one from my Dad was that his older brother had a original Model T coupe - sometimes when he took a corner too fast (?) it would tip over on it's side - would get out and push it back upright - get it started and take off again - the joys of youth

3. goldmountain

goldmountain

Since this is going at the same time as J.Ukrop's story "A winter road trio in a Model T", I felt compelled to include this picture from the book "Ford 100 years in Canada". This is taken from the old highway overlooking the high level bridge here in Lethbridge. Now the road is paved and it is now one way going the other direction. Scan-200403-0002.jpg

brEad likes this.
  4. jaw22w

jaw22w
    from Indiana

What does it say on the back of that T? something something all the way. This has never been done before. Can't make out the beginning. Anybody else?

5. goldmountain

goldmountain

It was on a cross country trip across Canada in 1927 when a highway was but a concept.

Sent from my SM-T350 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app