Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Grandinetti's Metal Recycling(Iowa) 1,000+ cars to part in November

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by midnightrider78, Oct 17, 2016.

1. scotts52

scotts52

Is this a 56 or 57? Olds Fiesta or Buick?

This should be saved.

Attached Files:

Randy Routt and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. scotts52

scotts52

Not the trailer. Just to the left of it.

3. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

I hope you're right and some complete vehicles may be saved. I was mostly thinking of that '61 bubbletop and a few of the '30s vehicles I have seen in the member pics.

4. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

Good eye man! Agree, very cool and hopefully will be saved.

5. Its ALWAYS worth what someone will pay today, not last year, not a decade ago... and certainly not what "your mythical buddy" paid.

I know of an invitation only "wrecking yard of lost dreams" 11 hours away, over the past decade I've invited 3 or 4 of my closest friends on annual wrecking yard vacations. I don't EVER mention it to certain people because the price IS the price, no Haggling, no Bitching, no Whining... we've spent days at this yard staying in a local fleabag motel, eating sandwiches out of a cooler, leaving broke and planning the next trip on the long ride home. You got a better deal? You see these all the time? I think you're full of shit... and then why the fuck isn't it hanging on the wall in your garage?

Note - these pics are not of Grandinetti's
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
    lewk, Squablow, Hnstray and 1 other person like this.
  6. Priceless comments !

Hnstray likes this.
  7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

It is a '58 Olds. I saw that in a different photo from another angle. But even in this pic you can see the dual headlights ('58 up), the the long indentation from the headlights to the door and the top of the tail lights with 'fluted' bezel.....all '58 Olds exclusive design features.

I am in Burlington frequently and intend to go to this place within a few days. Not sure if I will buy much, if anything, but certainly want to see it first hand.

Ray

8. Saw a picture of one Hudson. Are there more or is that the lone Hudson? If there's more I'll be headed that way.

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

9. 24riverview

24riverview

Someone has already cut off the the taillight assemblies and the tops of the rear doors.

Probably the best thing you could do is look through the pictures on their facebook page and see what they have for Hudsons before making that trip. I do believe there were several though and really didn't notice anyone disturbing them on Saturday.
    https://www.facebook.com/Grandinettis-Metal-Recycling-349520735170136/
    14956617_10154581501175539_3810620003945960375_n.jpg

10. yup, bunch of late 40's-50's Hudsons.

11. tractorguy

tractorguy

Did you happen to notice any old Willys flat fender Jeeps or Willys pickup truck ? Thanks

12. Hot Rod Nut

Hot Rod Nut

There was one Willys jeep Station wagon from late 40s or early 50s. If you are looking for a willys station wagon, I have a 1952 Willys wagon that is really in good shape and it runs, no brakes ,but do have a new M/C for it. All original. waiting for the bonded title to come back to me , when it does, I'll take 2,500 for it.

tractorguy likes this.
  13. 24riverview

24riverview

Yes just the one late 40's wagon, no front sheet metal, rambler 6 cylinder engine, 2 wheel drive.

tractorguy likes this.
  14. 49 Plymouth bumpers....get those !!!!!

15. ...I counted 6-8 '49 Plymouths all with good bumpers,...and grilles

16. If either of the Hudsons has a good steering wheel and all the hub caps you can find, I would pay you for your troubles if you grab them for me. It's an 11-hour trip for me so it wouldn't be logical for me to make the trip. Please contact me if you're willing. Thanks, Ken [email protected]

Sent from my A520L using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Last edited: Nov 10, 2016
  17. scotts52

scotts52

Somebody could help cover the costs of their own purchase if they could help out those of us who live too far away. In addition to the 55 Pontiac wagon tail lights I also need the front door hinges from a 48-52

LostBoy likes this.
  18. Charlie Jones

Charlie Jones
    from Apopka FL.

It's a 58 Olds Fiesta

19. I could use some of that rear side trip from one of those 54 chevy's if anyone would be willing to pick it for me. Just what is on the rear fender. Both sides please. PM me if you are interested in doing this.
    Thanks

20. dang.....Christmas or motor money right there.....

21. Phil 41 Chevy

Phil 41 Chevy

went yesterday stuff is picked over good, today price drops to one dollar a pound

22. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

putnams yard 11-5-16 095.jpg I would give $5+ a pound for a section of a late 30's roof with a split rear window. ;)

23. Torkwrench

Torkwrench

I drove down this morning and got a few more things. A really nice, complete 50 Pontiac steering wheel and column. A trunk latch and door hinge for my 41 Pontiac, (that what the 50 steering wheel is going in). Also found a decent Pontiac Sombrero hubcap. It was sitting inside the 50 Pontiac.

I also checked out the 56 Pontiac wagon taillights. They were still there, but are really rough. The better one has a hole corroded through about the size of a dime. The worse one has a hole about the size of a quarter.

There is still ALOT of stuff. If anyone is looking for a 57 - 64 Pontiac / Olds rear axel, there are several there.

24. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

Buick wagon is a sweet piece of art.

25. Randy Routt

Randy Routt

It's a pity someone cut anything off it but I guess their wagon had rust.

26. ahshoe

ahshoe

We are heading down there again Friday. Picking up last minute heavier stuff and things we just forgot about in all the confusion of the first day.

stillrunners likes this.
  27. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

So does anyone have a report on how much got saved? Is there any chance of a repeat of the sale?

28. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

I didn`t have a chance to go until the 2nd to the last day. A 4 hour drive leaving at 5:eek:o in the morning. Spent half the day exploring and taking inventory of what was there. Spent the rest of the day taking off parts. Arrived back at home at 10:00. We discussed on the way home about returning the next day. But things didn`t workout like we wanted too. Would of been well worth the trip.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2016
  29. UNSHINED 2

UNSHINED 2

So did you hear whether they are still gonna crush everything? or is there a chance to still get stuff?